Pyronix Enforcer not arming after battery change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I just moved into a new place with an existing Pyronix Enforcer with a deltabell sounder from 2013. It hadn't been used for a while so I changed the batteries in the sounder and all the door sensors and PIRs but I am still getting a low battery error on the control panel which lists all the devices I thought I'd fixed.

When I try to arm the system I need to select to override the warnings and then it counts down but when it gets to zero nothing seems to happen.

Is there a way to reset it so it recognises that the batteries are all fine and would that then enable it to arm the alarm as normal?

I think the code I have is the user code and no way to get engineer code.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Just to be clear are you saying the panel is indicating the wireless devices you have put new batteries in as still having low batteries?

yes that's right. The PIRs are lighting up when I walk past them but the control panel is still indicating low batteries

Doesn’t really make sense as the panel should recognise the new batteries. When you aren’t trying to set the alarm is the yellow triangle flashing?

Sponsored Links
When I go to the control panel it has the warning triangle flashing. If I enter the code it cycles through the fault warning for each of the allegedly low wireless batteries. I can press no then enter the code and it asks if I want to arm zone A. If I press no it goes back to showing the time. If I press yes then I can force it to over ride the fault but once it counts down the timer it just goes back to displaying the time again.

Sounds like the original engineer has enabled engineer fault resets. Do you have the engineering code?

I don't have I only have one code and it seems to be user code only. Is there a way to reset the engineer codes?

Try 1111

It’s unlikely to work but that is the default engineering code

unfortunately that hasn't worked, I tried 2222 as well just in case. Is there a way to factory reset the system? I guess if so I'd need to re-programme everything.

There is but it’s slightly complicated and if you make a mistake you’ll fry your panel. Where are you located?

Southside of Glasgow. I guess at this stage I don't have much to lose

Might be worth getting a firm in. A bit too far for me to do as a homer

Thanks for help - any ballpark estimate of what I should expect to pay?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back