Air blower fuel leak possibly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased last summer a used McCulloch Air Stream blower.
Did the normal things like plug, filter fuels lines etc etc.

Using it yesterday I noticed when I put it down there was a small dip / puddle of fuel on the floor.
I started it up & could see fuel coming from near one of the fuel pipes. Without going to check not sure if going to carb or from carb.

I’m sure there isn’t a split etc in the fuel tank & as I fitted new fuel lines last year they aren’t hard / split etc. The fuel lines also seem to be a good fit in the tank.

So not sure as to why the fuel is coming out.

Excess fuel pressure & I need to allow for pressure blow off etc.

Drill a larger hole & fit a different pipe.

Photos are taken from internet to show you the item i have. It’s not my item as I see in photo tank is damaged.
Any suggestion.
Thanks.

Attachments

• C560C550-CE7D-406C-A8F9-447685F96A8A.jpeg
    C560C550-CE7D-406C-A8F9-447685F96A8A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 682271FB-E844-4C33-87F0-B7114D46AD8C.jpeg
    682271FB-E844-4C33-87F0-B7114D46AD8C.jpeg
    710.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Fuel pipes, as they enter the tank, tend to ‘neck’ where they pass through the plastic and the pipe tends to swell on the outside of the tank.
There are many different diameters of tubing for some reason and you need to measure them as best you can and choose the correct size. There are differing outer and inner diameters too, just to add to the misery and both need to be correct.....for example it may fit the tank hole but then leaks at the carb!
Check out GHS Ltd and you’ll see what’s available, choose the yellow Tygon tubing if possible.
There’s no need to look for the tank pressurising at this time.
John

Ok
Tomorrow I will measure the tank hole & also exterior pipe size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back