Domestic Titan Petrol leaf blower cutting out. Possible solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been meaning to post this about these leaf blowers for some time and it might help somebody else. Almost from new mine would cough and splutter and eventually stop. I'm not particularly engine minded. I changed the spark plug, refreshed with more petrol/oil mixture including an additive to keep the fuel in a good state for longer. But to no avail. Upon further investigation I noticed the fuel and choke lines had disintegrated in the fuel tank so were unable to get a steady flow of fuel. So if you are having problems please check both fuel lines, they should be reaching the bottom of the tank and preferrably reaching to the far end of the tank i.e. think about the angle you hold the blower then you'll know what I mean. They are fairly easy to change and I ended up buying this stuff on Amazon. They are different sizes.

Not sure it will but hope this helps someone :)

Sponsored Links
This is a very common problem with the 'cheaper' machines....you would have thought the manufacturers would have sorted it by now!
The better stuff is made from Tygon (or equivalent) - often yellow in colour and it doesn't deteriorate or become brittle at all.
Thanks for posting!
John :)

Petrol leaf blowers are culprits for poor starting. I think the fact that they only get used for a few months of the year, and left in the shed for the rest of it. Deteriorating residual fuel going stale and gunging up the insides.
Can anyone recommend an additive to clear out the old crap, is there a 'Redex' equivalent for 2 stroke and garden machinery?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back