Zion and the Art of Armageddon

Netanyahu has said unambiguously that the IDF will go into Rafah all guns blazing even if the hostages are released.

That'll smooth negotiations with Hamas.

Sponsored Links
Seems HAMAS must respond by Wednesday. Which one - pass.

Sponsored Links
Seems HAMAS must respond by Wednesday. Which one - pass.
It'll make no difference to Netanyahu, who insists no deal will end the war in Gaza. A glimmer of good news in Northern Gaza is 31 aid trucks were able to get through. Not much but they're the first since all this carnage began.

Netanyahu has said unambiguously that the IDF will go into Rafah all guns blazing even if the hostages are released.

That'll smooth negotiations with Hamas.
If you don't give up hostages, we will bomb and starve you

But if you do give up hostages, we will bomb and starve you.

Nobody knows how many hostages have already been killed by Israeli attacks.

Gillan Mosely grew up in a Jewish family that believed in Zionism: she spent much of her adolescence thinking about what she considers a sense of entitlement regarding the “Holy Land”. For her 2022 documentary, The Tinderbox, Mosely travelled to Israel to try to unpack her British family’s teachings. Taking viewers through the history of the creation of the Israeli state, The Tinderbox interrogates an ingrained us vs them dichotomy that Moseley suggests is instilled in Zionism. She speaks with several people on all sides, including settlers, liberal Israelis, a Hamas official and Palestinians in the occupied West Bank to try to find the root of where the frictions begin.

Al Jazeera

From BAFTA-award-winning producer Gillian Mosely, in association with multi-award winners, THE TINDERBOX is a controversial, revealing, and timely new feature documentary exploring both sides of the Israeli Palestinian conflict. It’s the first time the facts behind the divide have been brought to the screen in a single film, and delves deep into history, as well as hearing from contemporary Israeli and Palestinian voices. Exposing surprising, shocking and uncomfortable truths, not least for its Jewish director and onscreen investigator, this is an important film that will provide valuable context and help people make up their minds – or even change them.

Oxford Middle East Center

If you don't give up hostages, we will bomb and starve you

But if you do give up hostages, we will bomb and starve you.

Nobody knows how many hostages have already been killed by Israeli attacks.

Israel confirmed that an Israeli man held captive in Gaza has died. Dror Or, 49, had been held in Gaza since October 7, the government said.
AFP reports an estimated 129 captives remain in Gaza and 35 have been killed since taken hostage.

• Rebuilding war-ravaged Gaza will cost as much as $40bn and require an effort on a scale the world has not seen since World War II amid “unprecedented levels of human losses, capital destruction”, the United Nations says.

Reconstruction is seen as the bunce of a war. Eg Iraq along with a UK comment "we are not getting our fair share of the work"
Actually this has been mentioned "a bit" on Gaza. Loads of companies will want the work.

Me I wonder about timescales. Disposing of the rubble will take some time.

Reconstruction is seen as the bunce of a war. Eg Iraq along with a UK comment "we are not getting our fair share of the work"

Me I wonder about timescales. Disposing of the rubble will take some time.
They could use the rubble to build a wall...

I mentioned HAMAS at the table again. One has been interviewed. HAMAS don't mind talking about it.

The accept the initial ceasefire but past that no change really. Rafar is a sticking point If the US is prepared to guarantee they wont allow that they may accept this. The US talks the talk so will they walk the walk? Then the usual HAMAS requirement - permanent ceasefire - at some point. They do feel that they are making some headway on their side.

The CIA are at the talks but I don't think they can enforce anything on the administration. Israili MOSAD and similar - Israeli news I haven't looked for so just reported. They don't think an attack on Rafar is a good idea. Their war cabinet???

The Israeli cabinet has voted 100% to shut down their Al-Jazeera offices.

Sponsored Links
Back