What items have you found when moving into a new home?

Sponsored Links
Found very old newspapers under floorboards, (amongst bits of cabling, copper pipes, empty fag packets and a couple of girlie mags to name a few), over the years. My first flat when I got married had every light fitting in place but inside the pendants all of them had had the wires disconnected and twisted together. Each time we turned a light on the fuse wire blew and I replaced it before trying a different bulb or moving on to the next light. After the third one I decided to check before switching and found them all twisted together. Once I rectified them all the lights worked perfectly.

We have at least two mystery switches found so far, that is we don't know what they're for, yet

Sponsored Links
Knickers!

Seriously, opened the Airing cupboard door and a bag full of girlies* knickers fell out. Must have been forgotten when the previous family moved out.

*Adult girl size according to the wife.

I found an oil painting of the Queen in the loft, which i sold for £75.

I also found a lot of rotten timber.

I found a tin hat and an underground-sized wall poster for ladies underwear

And when I dug up a dead cherry tree I found a P08 buried beneath it (rusted away to nothing)

Found these in the loft under the insulation. They are still there.

31B51744-C7C5-490E-9B2F-F0F3F2B44FBA.jpeg

I used to like the letters/stories in my brothers copies of those mags.

PS @Mottie if they are still under the insulation how come you are able to post photo's of them? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We have at least two mystery switches found so far, that is we don't know what they're for, yet
We had one of those. Whenever I flicked the switch a few times, I imagined someone in Belgium or somewhere shouting "pack that in!"

Also found homebrew barrels in the loft, one of which was porcelain

Last edited:
I used to like the letters/stories in my brothers copies of those mags.

PS @Mottie if they are still under the insulation how come you are able to post photo's of them? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Here's the original picture I took with the location, date and time of when I took it. I've posted it several times on here before. Not only under the insulation but also boarded over now. :p

043602BD-E025-4217-AC95-27AFD56DEB83.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back