Veritas 8 Texecom alarm unresponsive to keypad inputs / unable to set alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope someone can point me in the correct direction with the issue I am having with my Veritas 8 Texecom alarm system with a remote LED only keypad.

Unfortunately, the information I have regarding the issue is a bit sketchy at the moment due to not having time to investigate as I am on 12hr shifts, but hopefully someone may have come across this issue before.

Upon returning home after a couple of days away, my wife entered the house and went to deactivate the alarm, the keypad beeped but did not reset the alarm, which then triggered the sounder.

I tried also to reset the alarm with the keypad, but it did not seem to reset although it was beeping when the keys were pressed (they are also lit).

If I remember correctly, the 8 red LEDs were not active on the keypad display (which makes me believe the main unit may be at fault ).

Eventually, as a last resort I cut the power to the alarm, which unfortunately is on the same circuit as the downstairs sockets, I then switched the power back onto the socket circuit and the alarm sounder came back on.

Eventually by turning the socket circuit on and off I think I managed to reset the sounder.

Unfortunately, due to the location of the mains MCB unit I could not see which LEDs (if any) were illuminating as I turned the power on and off.

As far as I am aware the rechargeable battery in the mains alarm unit has never been changed, (although I changed the alarm sounder box battery several years ago).

I am leaning towards the rechargeable battery possibly being the issue. but if anyone could advise me on any steps, I could take to narrow down the issue, I would be very grateful.

I intend to hopefully look at the issue when I next have a day off.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance given.

Glenn

Sponsored Links
Panel back up battery sounds most likely.

No power to panel external beep should ring for 15 minutes and then stop (modern bell boxes).

With no battery but mains power panel can behave contrary to expectations.

A rough guide is main panel battery replace every 5 years.

Hi secureiam, thank you for your response. I hope that is the case. I will certainly check it out as soon as I can.
Thanks once again
Glenn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back