Veritas R8 RKP Buttons Unresponsive

The keypads sit on the network + - TR.

Transmit and Recieve, it looks like the other keypad isn’t getting the signals to change state.

When you set the system it can be disarmed by any keypad, but if you were in the menus ie logged in the other keypad wouldn’t respond from memory.

So on the working keypad what happens when you check for keypads online 09.

The keypad may show slightly differently as there is sometimes a delay the more keypads on the system the worse this can appear.

Also if you move to a room whilst arming the sensor you activate could also be showing as active.

If your keypad was stuck removing 12V from it should make it go blank, putting the power back 30 seconds later should put it back to normal.

If it doesn’t then we would go through checking the cables aren’t damaged and secure.

How was the panel powered downwards
Doesn’t seem like it should be an issue but if you down powered the panel with just the fuses spur then the battery is spent, as unplug the mains the battery is supposed to take over until that runs out.

Can only go on what is said.

You could swap the position of the two keypads to see if it follows the keypad or the wires,

But if you don’t want to do some quick checks then that’s fine but we all guessing and need information to move things on,

Switching the power off and back on should not affect both keypads from functioning in itself, doing it quickly it could affect how the system responds but rarely seen,

Sponsored Links
I had come to the conclusion the not working RKP has power as leds lit but I was unsure of the other connection, Now I have the installation manual it make more sense its a bit like computers and network addresses, I think the control panel is not seeing tx rx on one of the RKP, possible due to it just not being scanned correctly or losing a RKP due to low voltage on the battery when the power was off (may be faulty again) or just a glitch when reconnection the mains. secureiam as you have said it was not powered completely down the battery was still on and your suggestions are welcome, I think you are correct a proper power down, check the battery replace if needed, reset the system (rescan for RKP) and all will be fine again, I am going to leave it till next week, as I said the control box is in the loft !!!! Thanks for all the help and suggestion.

Only till you go through the motions can you solve the issue even the outcome is kaput, but could be temporary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back