Texecom 64w part set configuration

Once set to not used and back to guard access, the only thing it added was entry/exit 2. Which didn't have any effect. I can either walk to it and disarm via keypad by the double knock delay, or trigger the alarm.

Sponsored Links
I've changed hallway to part omit 1. Alarm no longer triggers and when front door is opened it beeps for the entry timer.

I've done another walk test and all sensors register in correct places.

It just doesn't want to use this hallway one as the access sensor by the look of it. I'll see if I can figure anything else out, I think I'm probably overlooking something somewhere.

Zone 1 is currently set to guard access in main drop down and has attributes checked as follows: ommitable, part set 1, entry/exit 2, double knock, access, auto rearm.

Part set 1 and e/e 2 are probably not required, but checked so I can rule that out.

How do you do your part set at night ? ….explain in detail ….for example press ( part ) night set ( yes ) go to bed ….

Either swipe prox tag or enter code. Press the house with a man in the middle which selects part set 1 called night time. Then the tick to arm. It beeps for 8 seconds and then says set.

I wait a minute on the stairs, part arm notification comes through instantly on the app. Then walk down to the keypad, no entry tones, just flashing showing part arm area A. Either disarm, or the hallway pir spots me on the double knock and triggers the alarm.

I've just googled what I am trying to do, another forums says it needs to have entry exit 2 set on the zone, but not sure if there is more to it than checking the box as it did when I turned zone 1 (hallway pir) off and then on again.

I've just found arm area suites which I will read up on, as some options look like they could work for my solution with part arming.

Sponsored Links
No need to use area arm suites …part set works fine IF programmed correctly ….problem is people mess with the settings and turn on things that are not required …

I've tried to only 'adjust' settings as needed to function as intended, rather than tinkering.

I the area settings I've seen a lot more options for things, but nothing jumps out as part arm relevant.

I regards to hallway pir, I'm assuming double knock is the best solution to the wireless door contact issue where the pir would detect before door open?

If I was to set the door contact to guard attribute also, would that perhaps move the e/e on part set to the pir?

Potentially could I omit the door contact on part set and just use the hallway pir for e/e and would alarm after the timer worst case?

Thanks again for the help figuring this out.

Ok ….for attributes 1 for the hallway detector do you have guard ticked …if so that’s probably your issue

No, it's main group is guard access. Guard not ticked in the attributes.

The other pirs are main group guard, but also not tucked guard in attributes in case that helps.

Are you programming via wintex ? If so post screen shot of that zone config ….if not change that zone to entry exit , exit engineering , go back in and change it to guard access …just one last thing when you come down after part setting and it goes into alarm …can any other devices look into the hallway and pick you up ?

I'm programming via the Texecom cloud website on my phone. Seems to work pretty well, just some options are laid out differently.

One thing I haven't done is named the Area (all on A) which I have seen can cause issues on some older forum posts.

No other sensors can pick me up in the hallway.

I did change zone 1 (hallway) to not used, upload settings to panel. Then back to guard access again uploading the settings to the panel.

I will try that again tomorrow when I can risk the alarm sounding again! Though the part arm bell delay setting I've just found will help with the risk of the kids not disarming in time!

So have you gone into programming from the keypad , go to zone set up , go to the hall pir and checked attributes 1 ?
What firmware is your panel ? Press menu 4 on keypad …

I haven't checked programming via the keypad, but will do tomorrow. I updated the panel to latest firmware (v6. 05.03 ls1) and smart com was already on latest version (v4. 05.01)

Ive named the area now. So will try changing the hallway to reset the defaults as guard access and see if that helps.

Think you’re messing with settings you don’t understand.

Get wintex downloaded.
Receive the profile
Save it and send it to me.

Fairly confident you are using things you shouldn’t.
Your only posting part of the picture.

Sparkymarka and I do these on a regular basis, enough to know the settings and process you are completing doesn't makes any sense if setup correctly.

Think we can save some time looking at the wintex profile. Receive and save the log.

Thank you, I'll have a go with wintex this afternoon and report back.

I've sent you my config file as a pdf secureiam, I hope that will do. It wouldn't let me attach anything else via Pm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back