Texecom 64w part set configuration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just installed my Premier elite 64w system and all working well. My only slight issue is how to setup the part set function.

I have 2x wireless pir in garage
4x wired pir in house, 1 of which looks directly at front door
1x wireless door contact on front door.
1x wired ldclp keypad close to door

I had to change hallway pir to double knock as it would set off the alarm when door was opened dispite being set to guard entry, guessing the wireless signal takes slightly longer to register entry. This works well though to unset the system.

When part set I would like all pir to be active, door contact to be set as guard and hallway pir to be set as entry/exit to give warning tone when coming downstairs to unset alarm.

I'm using Smartcom to configure using the cloud site, however I can't find any options for part set other than omit part 1. That doesn't give me any option to change the zone type when set though.

Is what I'd like to do possible? I'd rather have the hallway pir give a warning tone so if the kids forget, they can be reminded it's set with a fairly long timer to avoid triggering the alarm.

This forum has been excellent for any minor problems I've had so far, but I can't seem to find the information I need while searching.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is set to guard access (I said guard entry in first post, but meant access) and I added double knock to allow the door entry to be activated.

If I omit the hallway pir zone for part set, would this then change itself to entry/exit to allow arm and disarm from the panel?

The door contact switch, would I need to change this to guard on a part set, or will it do that itself, I can't see any options for zone behaviour on a part set or zone omit.

Thanks for the help.

At the moment I don’t use the cloud programmibg platform so couldn’t tell you its layout.

wintex or keypad is what I use.

E/E zone type didn’t do anything with parts sets at default you have to program in the arrtibutes Guard attribute.

Guard access zone should automatically place the sensor into entry exit on part set, if it’s omitted in part set by changing the attributes part 1,2 or 3.

If your struggling to find on the cloud platform.

Use wintex or the keypad.

In zone setup go to the hallway pir zone and where it says guard access set it to not used and then back to guard access and the default values will be re instated.

You can then recieve/ panel sync in the cloud to get that upto date.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you, I will give it a go changing hallway pir to part omit. If it works as e/e that will be perfect and I will see what the door contact does. I'll report back with my findings.

You’re not setting hallway to part omit ! …….if you do a part set ….zones with guard access become the entry exit zone in a part set …

Just to clarify in that case.

Hallway is set as guard access currently (with double knock, it that makes any difference) which I have now added part 1 omit to. Will this mean when I select part omit, this hallway pir will then change from guard access to entey/exit and work how I'm hoping it will?

As in set the part arm, it will beep until I leave the area then set. Once set beep when it sees me until I can disarm via the key pad.

Thanks for trying to clear this up for me!

To clarify

If you omit a zone, then the zone is unavailable.

The correct function for Guard acess zone is to:-

1. not go into alarm when the entry door set as e/e is triggered first if the system is full set
2. when the system is part set the guard access zone at default values will start the entery tomes when triggered

Perfect, that all makes sense now. I've removed part 1 omit and it works as expected. I will try the door contact to see if that would work as an e/e still, or if it will alarm.

Only slight issue is the keypad doesn't beep when the hallway pir sees me. Is there a way of having it beep at the lowest volume to remind the kids?

Last question for now, the keypad shows system alerts as I triggered the alarm. I can't seem to clear that screen easily. Is there a button or menu to clear that quickly?

Thanks again for all the help with this.

I set part arm 1. Went upstairs, gave it a minute or 2 and then came back down.

Keypad was flashing and showed part arm 1 or similar, flashing back light on and off, but no sound. I waited for about 10 seconds and the alarm triggered. Ideally I'd like a beep to remind the kids to disarm the part set alarm if that makes sense.

That sounds like the system hasnt set yet.

if you havent changed the timers, part set the system and wait for the confirmation beep of the system set before walking in front of hallway PIR.

Sorry for the delay, I haven't had a chance to test it until now.

I have left it a minute or 2 after a part set confirmation, I can see from a mirror the keypad flashes displaying part set continually once set. When I approach the keypad I don't get any warning sounds, just sets the alarm off after around 15 seconds. I wonder if the double knock setting on the pir as guard access is causing this.

I did find if I set the alarm by my prox tag, the code doesn't always work. I found the user settings lock code was on, so turned this off and it seems to work now, also set auto yes on. So when the code is entered it just disarms the system.

If I can't get the pir to work for both double knock to allow the door contact to register, and as gaurd access on part set, then maybe one of the remote fob things would be best to keep upstairs to disarm in the mornings (hopefully quietly!)

Thanks again for the help.

Okay I've just removed double knock from the hallway pir. Despite being on guard access and having access ticked. As soon as I came downstairs it triggers the alarm. So it probably isn't giving me entry tones because the only delay on it was the double knock.

I'll try what you suggested and turn the zone off then back to guard access and re enable double knock and see how it behaves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back