Renewed verge gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of advice.. I had my verge renewed last week with the undercloak being replaced and I'm a bit sceptical with the quality of the work.

Firstly, there is a hanging tile basically waiting to fall, unsure how this has happened or what it actually is?

There is also a big gap on the ridge that was not there before and there are also small gaps below some of the ridge tiles which I assume would be susceptible to potential problems..

Should I have a reason to be concerned with this?

To top it off, my porch flat roof is covered in sand & cement that has fell from the roof as the job was being done.

Attachments

• IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
It's rubbish work that I can see in the images , the end ridge tile appears cracked too.
Thanks for your reply.

Can you point out where the crack is? The quote should have covered replacements for any broken tiles so that’s also something I’ll have to bring up.

Am I right in saying the gaps should definitely not be there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back