Please help me to silence my intercom!

Yes try that, fitting the above switch requires you to solder to it's pins.
A switch with screw terminals may be better however I do not know of a micro toggle switch that has screw terminals.

The next option may be to buy one that has short wires connected to it, you can put the wire from terminal 6 into a chock block connection to one of the wires and the other wire into terminal 6.
Fit it just like the previous discussion about fitting a switch.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hi matty, thank you. I’m in rented so not too confident to be doing any fittings. If I unscrew terminal 6, can I just leave it like that and then screw it back in to get it working again? Cheers again

Just bear in mind that it will no longer work - at all.
So any deliveries, mailman etc. you will not know.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, did it tonight and it works! Also able to put the screw back in if need be.
Generally we know if people are coming so not an issue - but keeping in mind for deliveries, we happen to have something arriving Saturday so I’ll put it back in for that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back