Help me! Wiring of intercom system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I really need help with the correct wiring for my intercom. I am not sure where to put the orange/white white/orange blue/white white/blue wires etc.

Can someone please advise? I would be really grateful.

The settings are:

On the left (top to bottom)

D
S
G

On the right (top to bottom)

Please can you tell me where to put each wire.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
There is no standard colour code, so assuming you've got the right handset, ask a neighbour if you can look at theirs.

If you haven't got the right handset then there is no guarantee it will be compatible.

Pictures of before you disconnected may have assisted. Is this your property or a shared/rented? Are you aware you could damage the whole system and be charged for the repairs?
As it happens the two handsets can be interchanged but the wiring would be needed to know as the other poster mentioned.

Thank you very very much for your response. It is my own property. I have taken a photograph of the handset before.

I would be really grateful if you can advise on which wires go where.

Sponsored Links
You have made life difficult for yourself.
A new Citron Universal handset would be easier to connect to.

However, it looks like an old elvox you have. 5,1,2 will be the speech and common.
5-Common
1- Speech from Door
2- Speec from Handset

The button will also share a common and use a spare core to activate the door release which should be 6.
7- will be the buzzer.

On the new 1,2,3, would be the speech terminals, probably 3 being the common.
D & S being the release with that link on the back being the common again.
4 is probably the ringer/buzzer.

Try that and see how you get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back