Leak under bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just noticed a leak coming from the underside of the bath panel. After taking the panel off I can't work out if it's coming from the fixing aligned to the bath waste/plug.

This is the second issue I've had with this bath, last time it was cheap fittings.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what I might need to do.

Thanks in advance

IMG_20240519_192712.jpg

Sponsored Links
Try correct forum , plumbing. Have you tightened it and check washer is in place?.

Oh sorry it's my first post I'll try the plumbing section!
I haven't done anything yet as only just noticed it!

I
IMG_20240519_192712.jpg
I have just noticed a leak coming from the underside of the bath panel. After taking the panel off I can't work out if it's coming from the fixing aligned to the bath waste/plug.

This is the second issue I've had with this bath, last time it was cheap fittings.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what I might need to do.

Thanks in advance

Jane

Sponsored Links
You need these 2:

But show us a picture looking into the bath.

Andy

Thank you! Sorry for the stupid question but what do you mean by 'looking into the bath'
From top down?

Thank you! Sorry for the stupid question but what do you mean by 'looking into the bath'
From top down?
Hi J,
Inside the bath, under the plug, there is a seal between it and the bath, then another seal between the bath and the connecting pipework that you show.
If you want to do it yourself, try undoing the fitting immediately under the bath while stopping the plug fitting turning. This is a bit tricky, and if the plug turns, that's probably where the leak is.
There are rubber seals that you can clean.
They should be hand tight, plus a little more.
I'm an amateur, so expert answers may be better
C..

When you are sorting this out, place a dish, tray or whatever under the leak just to catch the drips.
At this point, maybe the plastic nuts are slack - which is easy for us to say when we have hands like shovels!
John

Unscrew the nut on the right in your first picture and check the condition and position of the rubber seal at this point. whilst it is not connected, make sure there is no movement of the plughole/waste either inside or underneath the bath. It can be tightened with the screw in the middle of the plughole if necessary. If any part is suspect, it should be replaced. Carefully reassemble making sure all seals are in the correct position. Waste fittings should only be firmly hand tight. If you're having to strangle them to stop leaks, then something is wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back