DIYNOT book club. What book are you reading at the moment?

James Patterson 'The Noise'.

I have about 8 novels to read. I'm saving at least two/three for a holiday Canada on the 16th.:)

I have never been on a holiday, where I was bored enough, to want to read a novel.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have never been on a holiday, where I was bored enough, to want to read a novel.
9.5 hours on a plane. Down time after a hard day on the slopes. I'm not straight on the lash like some of the young fellas I ski with so I like to chill (and fall asleep) with a book. When in hotter climbs I could spend all day on the beach reading and perving.:mrgreen:

bored enough, to want to read a novel.
When I was reading the Stieg Larsson trilogy, I actually looked forward to getting back amongst the novel. I was taught to read books from a very young age and have always enjoyed fiction novels. I'll pick up and read stuff anywhere when I'm in waiting rooms etc.
My nickname on lads trips to Benidorm is mills & boon.:mrgreen:

Well apparently it’s all
Kicked off in Ottawa anti vaxer lorry driver protestors have brought the city to a halt

My mothers sister and her old man immigrated to Canada in the 60 ‘s

Vancouver

Aquanaut - Ric Stanton.

His perspective on the Thai cave rescue.

I sort of forgot that I bought that when it came out, so thanks for reminding me & I read the first half of it last night.

I think they should rename it "1001 Reasons NOT To Go Cave Diving".

I'm re-reading Antony Beevor's account of the battle for Berlin:1945 - it has a documentary style but doesn't get bogged down in statistics or become judgmental about either side. There're plenty of personal accounts from Generals, private soldiers and civilians to bring a wide perspective to a devastating battle that shaped post-war europe.
I'd recommend reading his account of the battle for Stalingrad which could be taken as a companion to the battle for Berlin.

London labour and the London poor by Henry Mayhew. The first part details the lives and often dirt poverty of ordinary people in mid 19th Century London. Far from a dry historic account it brings alive as real characters, the people whose first hand stories he records, and gives a sense of what it was like to live then, better than any fictionalised version.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back