Yellow stain on wall...damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Over the past couple of months, I've found a large yellow stain forming on the wall next to my kitchen door (see attached pics). I suspect it might be damp (based on a google search of similar issues) but just wanted to double-check and ask the best way of removing the stain?

Perhaps more worrying is where the paint has started to peel off - there seems to be some kind of fuzz pushing from underneath. Any ideas what this is and is it a cause for concern? (I've also attached photos of this but quite hard to capture..)

Thanks!

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 161
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 177
Sponsored Links
It looks like damp, either penetrating from the outside wall, or possibly around the frame. A historic leak from a gutter or down pipe could be a cause, or the wall has just absorbed more moisture than it can expel, maybe in a corner of the house that doesn't receive the sun or is subject to prevailing wind and rain. Maybe the area was recently plastered and didn't dry out. You will have to remove the source/cause of the damp, let the wall dry out and re plaster to prevent the damp re appearing.

Blup

Rusty metal plastering angle bead.
I'd swap for a plastic one.

Damp or condensation needs investigating

Sponsored Links
Back