which pull cord switch do i need

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the pull cord switch for my shower needs replacing as the pull cord has broken.

Tried to fix the cord by taking it apart,well like i have read and found out myself the switch don't go back too easily :)

Now my old one L in L out N in and N out with to earth's ..I am assuming this is a double pole switch that i would need ?? I have marked the cables with masking tape for the live in live out etc.

Just checking before i order one ,where is the cheapest place to get one .Thanks

shaun

Sponsored Links
You'll need a 45amp or 50amp double pole switch. Does the old one have a neon? You'll need one with a neon.

You can buy them in any DIY shed, or electrical counter. Every online shop too, screwfix, TLC-Direct etc etc.

You'll need a 45amp or 50amp double pole switch. Does the old one have a neon? You'll need one with a neon.

You can buy them in any DIY shed, or electrical counter. Every online shop too, screwfix, TLC-Direct etc etc.
Yes sorry should have said it has a neon and is 45a ...just looked on screwfix but not many good reviews as the cheap ones don't seem to last so prefer a decent make .

Sponsored Links
There is no requirement for a neon indicator on a shower isolator switch.
The requirement is clear identification by position or durable marking.
Personally would recommend an isolator with a neon indicator but not a must do!

I had a duff MK one straight out the pack earlier in the year.

Crabtree still make the best shower isolators IMO.

I had a duff MK one straight out the pack earlier in the year.

Crabtree still make the best shower isolators IMO.

Yes, I agree the Crabtree shower pull cords are the best; usually easier to wire up, though not necessarily for a DIYer trying to do a straight swap.

On occasion I have found the MK ones to be duff before even fitting, but still more reliable than most.

Have MK got round to making these shower pull switches with round corners like the rest of their range yet??

Not that I'm aware of. There's a few of MKs accessories that still haven't been changed since the old logic range of 20 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back