What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
A bag of chips. £3.50. I can remember when a bag of chips were 6d. That’s 2.5p to you youngsters. That means they have gone up 140 fold. Cheap as chips? Not any more!

Sponsored Links
I've done it three ways over the years:

Hacksaw
Crimp tool
Side cutters

And settled on side cutters.

The few issues I have had have been solved with a quick run through with a threading tool.

A pile of pokemon cards for the grandson they are only £1.30 here in majorca (yet again no queues at customs) as opposed to 4 quid in uk

A pile of pokemon cards for the grandson they are only £1.30 here in majorca (yet again no queues at customs) as opposed to 4 quid in uk
Only been held up at customs once in 40+ years, just stroll through the NTD lane

I'm on about passport control . The place the doom mongers said we would be waiting for hours to enter Europe .
You said customs, passport control delays depend very much on the airport and how busy it is, we were held up at Frankfurt last year due to having to go through the non EU channel and get our PPs stamped, EU channels were were moving very quickly, another day it may have been different. Just a snapshot, proves nothing

Ordered myself a DeWalt laser level, the green one. Got a good price too - £115.
I’ve been so pleased with my laser level. My sister popped round today to view the kitchen progress and I showed her it. She said her husband has one and I could have borrowed his. My mate the builder told me he has one too as well as a receiver (Whatever the F that is), I could have borrowed that. I told another one of my mates and he said he had a red and a green one - I could have borrowed them…. Oh well, a least I have it to hand when I need it. :rolleyes:

I’ve been so pleased with my laser level. My sister popped round today to view the kitchen progress and I showed her it. She said her husband has one and I could have borrowed his. My mate the builder told me he has one too as well as a receiver (Whatever the F that is), I could have borrowed that. I told another one of my mates and he said he had a red and a green one - I could have borrowed them…. Oh well, a least I have it to hand when I need it. :rolleyes:

Last several kitchens I've done have had granite tops, and I was taken aback when they didn't cut templates for the new tops, just set up a laser connected to a laptop, put pins in the socket screws (told me the sparky had one socket 5mm lower than the others so I rectified that). Very clever. great tech.

I hope my one doesn’t come round to map my worktops with a piece of tracing paper!

I brought my hand grinder home from work as I have some bricks to slice to fit the vent for my kitchen extractor - I had to enlarge a 5” hole to 6”. I only had a metal blade in it that had worn down to about 3” so I went up B&Q to get some blades but they didn’t have any in the size I wanted and all the centre holes were bigger too. I ended up buying a cheap Black & Decker grinder with 5 blades for £35. Did the job pretty well.

Sponsored Links
Back