What are you drinking tonight?

We picked up a couple of bottles of German mead, as a special deal at Lidl, whilst away last time. It has a reputation of being one of the better ones. So we tried it last night for the first time. Heated in a pan, to near boiling, then served - it was quite bitter. Had to add honey and slices of orange to temper it down a bit, then it became quite drinkable.
I prefer mead at room temperature. But it is Xmas.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We're having Christmas dinner down the road tomorrow. My wife has a crumbling thumb base and is waiting for an operation to rebuild it. She had a date to get it done, (7th of December), but she insisted on cancelling it to look after me during this cancer business. When she has it done it will be a minimum 0f 3 months in a fixed plaster cast followed by up to 12 months recovery and physiotherapy. It's looking as though it's in my bile duct, so they are intimating doing the operation first followed by 4 doses of chemo over 4 weeks. Meeting of Addenbrookes surgical oncology next Thursday and then we hope to be told whats is happening and when.
So, I will be having a pint of Doombar and then that will be it for a long time.

We're having Christmas dinner down the road tomorrow. My wife has a crumbling thumb base and is waiting for an operation to rebuild it. She had a date to get it done, (7th of December), but she insisted on cancelling it to look after me during this cancer business. When she has it done it will be a minimum 0f 3 months in a fixed plaster cast followed by up to 12 months recovery and physiotherapy. It's looking as though it's in my bile duct, so they are intimating doing the operation first followed by 4 doses of chemo over 4 weeks. Meeting of Addenbrookes surgical oncology next Thursday and then we hope to be told whats is happening and when.
So, I will be having a pint of Doombar and then that will be it for a long time.
Fingers and everything else crossed for you Conny.

Good luck Conny. I was with oncology at Addenbrookes and they were great. Spent alot of time there and it really is one of the better hospitals. I'm back for a meeting next month. Not been there forc6 months so will be a bit strange.

Hope it all goes well.
X

Just had a couple of Disaronno's.
I've always said I could never be an alcoholic.
I only discovered it in my early 50s.
I love the stuff.
I was sniffing it before going to work in the mornings. Don't have it often now as it can be difference between a sensible drink and a not so sensible drink.

Just had a couple of Disaronno's.
20231226_213849.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back