Wages

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit vague - but how much should a builder be paid daily for routine and not dangerous (i.e up scaffolding) work in the the southeast? Also, what should one be paying a plasterer too, for three bits of plastering to be done (about 4 foot by 3 foot - each). I have heard that the latter don;'t come cheap, but any advice will be welcomed.

Sponsored Links
If your after quotes I suggest contacting three different contractor/trades(men/woman).
And getting quote for the work, if possible seek someone with personal recommendations. That can also so show work they have completed.

To many variables to offer quotes without seeing what is required, so when getting quotes, it would be advisable that they came and had a look prior to quoting.

In general it is not just wages you are paying for, materials and the persons ability should also be taken in to account.

Lol "routine and not dangerous" work

Never mind his years of low pay as an apprentice learning a skill, and he'll avoid danger by only having a sponge in his tool bag

He's only a builder though so its OK to question what he "should" be paid

Get several quotes. Pick one

Sponsored Links
Eighty quid? It was more than that 20 years ago. :confused:

You`re lucky you don`t live down here , Joe ;) The 3 bits of plaster will still take a day to complete -including travel . So if you can get a decent plasterer within 2 miles , you might get him for less than a Sussex based one . As to the builder you need to give us a clue to the routine . £150 a day - all above board and reciepts is about average for a jobbing builder .

Cheers for that - only getting him to do painting, remove bricks, chip off plaster ----- nothing too taxking was what I meant or working 25 floors up!

that should be around £120 . I was quoting for full on trades ;) In Sussex - the Dead Centre of England

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back