Vehicle insurance

People say the same about the RYA yachtmaster, or a degree. Seems it’s human nature to be critical of an exam/qualification that they don’t have.

I can’t see why anyone who had passed their driving test 20+ years ago wouldn’t see the benefit of a refresher.

Sponsored Links
I can’t see why anyone who had passed their driving test 20+ years ago wouldn’t see the benefit of a refresher

I wouldn't want a refresher of what I was taught as that was, to some or greater degree, intended to equip me to pass the driving test.

Which is not completely aligned with driving safely in all real-world traffic conditions.

People say the same about the RYA yachtmaster, or a degree. Seems it’s human nature to be critical of an exam/qualification that they don’t have.

I can’t see why anyone who had passed their driving test 20+ years ago wouldn’t see the benefit of a refresher.

I'm thinking of an advanced driving course.

Did do one a few years back but never finished.

Sponsored Links
didn't finish because you crashed halfway through it, or in the last mile?

It got to rebuild
February the weather was really bad, and tye instructer advised to wait until the weather improved.

It did and I didn't.

It got to rebuild
February the weather was really bad, and tye instructer advised to wait until the weather improved.

It did and I didn't.
Bad weather is a time when better practice and standards would make a big difference .
Theory is great, experience is better

Bad weather is a time when better practice and standards would make a big difference .
Theory is great, experience is better
I do agree, but my instructor who was a retired volunteer had a different opinion.

I respected his opinion.

To prep you to pass the advanced test, he will need to see certain situations during the course of the observed run. Some of those just wont materialise in poor weather (and from my bias perspective arguably in a car in today's traffic). I suspect however, you probably picked up quite a few skills from merely having observed and assessed runs.

I wouldn't want a refresher of what I was taught as that was, to some or greater degree, intended to equip me to pass the driving test.

Which is not completely aligned with driving safely in all real-world traffic conditions.
It's a different set of guidelines. Most Advanced courses/test are assessing you against the Police System, adapted for non-pursuit driving. It's pretty effective at raising a person's observation skills and also how to assess a safe speed based on what you can see. Additionally there are a few techniques that nobody covers much when learning to drive.

It's the youngsters that have passed within the last 5 years that need a refresher! Many of them driving around like fecking idiots.

Anyways, none of this will really matter when we're all driving around in CVPs (Community Vehicular Pods) limited to 18mph when driving within BRZs (Built-up Residential Zones) with mandatory tech activated to avoid NCDB (Non Compliant Driving Behaviour.)

Last edited:
Anyways, none of this will really matter when we're all driving around in CVPs (Community Vehicular Pods) limited to 18mph when driving within BRZs (Built-up Residential Zones) with mandatory tech activated to avoid NCDB (Non Compliant Driving Behaviour.)
Not bad.

As I've said before, I have absolutely no issue with mandatory limits in town whether (in mph) 30, 20, 10, 1 assuming ...

... it genuinely applies to every vehicle on the road.

Which it won't until such times as all vehicles are restricted.

It got to rebuild

It did and I didn't.
I was hoping for something like I spun off the road in my advanced driving test at 110 and rolled it into a field
As I've said before, I have absolutely no issue with mandatory limits in town whether (in mph) 30, 20, 10, 1 assuming ...

... it genuinely applies to every vehicle on the road.

Which it won't until such times as all vehicles are restricted.
would that apply to our superior cousins, The Advanced Drivers ? because of their extraordinary skill levels they can drive faster than anyone else, they only need to slow down when parking their pride and joy car in their garage - these people are under the impression that a garage is a special little house for their best friend to live in

Breaking the posted speed limit is hardly going to result in a pass of any test... Learner or advanced.

I think you may have the wrong end of the stick, regarding the requirements.

Sponsored Links
Back