Two Bosch dishwashers, same problem! Water leaking internally and activating aquastop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm really hoping someone might be able to help as it's driving me mad!

I have a Bosch SPV2HKX39G dishwasher. The first one was about a year old when it stopped working mid-wash. The app notification blamed it on the aquastop. After lots of googling and messing about, I tipped the dishwasher on to its side and a reasonable amount of water trickled out. After refitting it, it worked for a couple of months and it happened again. After the third or fourth time I spoke to Bosch and it was replaced under warranty. The engineer that came out suggested it could just be a bad weld inside causing the leak. Fair enough, these things happen.

After another year or so of happy and uneventful dishwashing, it happened again. Same problem. I put it down to bad luck and sorted it, but unfortunately it's happened AGAIN!

My neighbours all have the same dishwasher and haven't had any issues, yet we've had it with two.

This is either really bad luck or user error, but it's a bloody dishwasher so I cant see what we're doing wrong!

We use it daily and live in the south (hard water), and run machine care whenever it suggests we do. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Sponsored Links
Sadly no.

They seem to be a bleeding mystery. Our first Bosch DW went faulty showing aquastop. It seemed to right itself, then about 18m on, it went again. Nothing I could do would get any signs of life out of it. By this time, it was out of warranty so I ditched the wretched thing and we got another, also Bosch.

That lasted around 18m, then pulled the same stunt. After fiddling and faffing with it, it decided to work again. It's still going as we speak (shhhhhhhh!).

Think I will pass on Bosch, though.

After all, you buy names like that for reliability.

But they ain't.

I've had a similar issue with E15 errors over time on my Bosch d/w. Water is getting into the base somehow - you can keep tipping it out or try the fix that worked for me. There are 4 torq screws that hold the whole pump assembly into the base of the dishwasher - these had worked loose and the seal around this unit was leaking - you just need to re-tighten the screws.

Remove the bottom plate drawer, pull out the spray arm and remove the filter. There are 2 screws towards the back (kinda under the spray arm) and 2 towards the front under the mesh filter cover. Check them for tightness - but go easy! - use a handheld screwdriver to nip them up, not a drill/driver...

It might also be worth properly drying out the base tray - there are loads of good vids on the 'tube' to show you how to get into the base through the front (under the door) and dry out the float fully.... It would also show if you've fixed the problem...

Attachments

• E15.jpg
    E15.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 12
Sponsored Links
Sadly no.

They seem to be a bleeding mystery. Our first Bosch DW went faulty showing aquastop. It seemed to right itself, then about 18m on, it went again. Nothing I could do would get any signs of life out of it. By this time, it was out of warranty so I ditched the wretched thing and we got another, also Bosch.

That lasted around 18m, then pulled the same stunt. After fiddling and faffing with it, it decided to work again. It's still going as we speak (shhhhhhhh!).

Think I will pass on Bosch, though.

After all, you buy names like that for reliability.

But they ain't.
I've had a similar issue with E15 errors over time on my Bosch d/w. Water is getting into the base somehow - you can keep tipping it out or try the fix that worked for me. There are 4 torq screws that hold the whole pump assembly into the base of the dishwasher - these had worked loose and the seal around this unit was leaking - you just need to re-tighten the screws.

Remove the bottom plate drawer, pull out the spray arm and remove the filter. There are 2 screws towards the back (kinda under the spray arm) and 2 towards the front under the mesh filter cover. Check them for tightness - but go easy! - use a handheld screwdriver to nip them up, not a drill/driver...

It might also be worth properly drying out the base tray - there are loads of good vids on the 'tube' to show you how to get into the base through the front (under the door) and dry out the float fully.... It would also show if you've fixed the problem...
It's 3am and I've just been woken up by a random beeping. It's the dishwasher again

The dishes look clean but the tablet is still in the draw and wet/mushy, which is weird.

I'll check the pump screws tomorrow and hope they just need tightening. This is so frustrating!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back