Toilet Waste Connection into Concrete Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a traditional toilet with a Grohe frame and I need to replace the existing waste connection (see pic below) with the one that comes with the Grohe frame. The connector goes down into the concrete floor and I have no visibility of where it goes/ how it connects. If I just yank it out, will there likely be a standard connector that I can fit the Grohe pipe too? Or can I cut the existing connector near the base and use an adaptor? Or do I need to start digging into the concrete to see?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have already searched the forums and can't find advice on this specifically. Thank you.

full

Attachments

• upload_2022-4-16_23-34-36.png
    upload_2022-4-16_23-34-36.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
No need to start digging anything up. Just yank that white connector out. It is inserted into the 4 inch waste which is nicely set into the concrete which is exactly what you want to insert your new pipe into. Put your back into it and give it a few twists back and forth and she will slide out just fine.

For the new set up - you may need to get hold of an adapter or extender to connect up the black waste pipe that comes with the frame but it’s all standard sizes and readily avail of the shelf from screwfix or any place like that.

Oh and great call on the frame cistern. I’m a huge fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back