To buy or not to buy an ipad3?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I apologise if this is in the wrong category mods, move it if you see so fit, i was just looking for a wider audience so to speak.
I think i want buy an ipad3 but am not very clued up about all the jargon that they bring.
Firstly, i have sky at home but am only on orange payg, so does that restrict me having 3g or 4g? havent got a clue what that means anyway. Are we able to connect say whilst on car journeys and away on holiday in the UK with wifi?
Secondly, my daughter would use it a fair bit for games and maybe download a few films to watch whilst on holiday. Is it easy to download films?
So, for this respect should we go for 16gb or 32gb?
Could she use it whilst abroad? Again, not really sure so any advice would be helpful and does anyone know the best place to buy one?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The reviews say they aren't that much better than an ipad2 and ipad2 are now coming down in price.

my mrs has an ipad, i have a samsung android tablet. Both are excellent. She prefers hers because it is simple to use and does everything she (thinks) she wants it to, i prefer mine as I have 100% control. Apple only lets you do what Apple wants you to, might be important. It has superb multimedia capability, does everything that Apple wants it to, which includes downloading films for which they get a cut.

As for all this 3g/4g capability, you don't need it if you have a smarttphone. You 'tether' your tablet to your smartphone and your smartphone connects to 3g, it acts as a wifi point. So when you are overseas you use your phone to connect to the internet and connect the ipad to your phone. google tether ipad.

But the ipad is a great device. But you can only do what apple wants you to and your connectivity with stuff like cars/sd cards/usb devices is restricted by them. No flash either, but android is going that way too. However it might annoy you not to have flash.

Apple are big on The Cloud which might have security and privacy concerns for some. That includes me.

Thats what I dont like about Apple products, very limited to what Apple decide you can do.

For each of the Apple products, ie iPod, iPhone etc....there are better alternatives that give you more freedom.

Firstly, I apologise if this is in the wrong category mods, move it if you see so fit, i was just looking for a wider audience so to speak.
I think i want buy an ipad3 but am not very clued up about all the jargon that they bring.
Firstly, i have sky at home but am only on orange payg, so does that restrict me having 3g or 4g? havent got a clue what that means anyway. thereis no 4g in the UK Are we able to connect say whilst on car journeys and away on holiday in the UK with wifi? car journeys no, whilst on holiday, yes if the location has a wifi hotspot
Secondly, my daughter would use it a fair bit for games and maybe download a few films to watch whilst on holiday. Is it easy to download films? probably
So, for this respect should we go for 16gb or 32gb? 32
Could she use it whilst abroad? yes, but for god's sake only on wifi!! Again, not really sure so any advice would be helpful and does anyone know the best place to buy one?A shop
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly, i have sky at home but am only on orange payg, so does that restrict me having 3g or 4g? havent got a clue what that means anyway. thereis no 4g in the UK Are we able to connect say whilst on car journeys and away on holiday in the UK with wifi? car journeys no, whilst on holiday, yes if the location has a wifi hotspot
Secondly, my daughter would use it a fair bit for games and maybe download a few films to watch whilst on holiday. Is it easy to download films? probably
So, for this respect should we go for 16gb or 32gb? 32
Could she use it whilst abroad? yes, but for god's sake only on wifi!! Again, not really sure so any advice would be helpful and does anyone know the best place to buy one?A shop
Many thanks

all this wonderful advice from the man who stamped on his i phone coz he couldnt make a phone call......

I didn't say apple products were any good, personally I can't stand them, but the still use the same concepts as everything else, just proprietory and cost the earth, and in the case of iphones, bloody useless.

The big issue I have with it, is their use of flash memory (or whatever) instead of a hard drive.

32gb! I would fill that up in minutes.

Back