Things to ponder over on a sleepless night

Sponsored Links
A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly. Out of a pie, 4-and-20 birds fly? But a fly does not bird when it lands in my pie.

Birds, flies. Discuss.

Why is the "danger: keep ties and necklaces away from this shredder" label on my shredder so small that one needs to get within tie-catching range to read it?

How is it that people say "ooooh, McDonals, bad, don't want a new McDonalds here!", but no-one seems to complain that I can order a pint of sugar-laden coffee with extra shots of espresso (more caffeine?) topped off with whipped cream at the Starbucks that opened up next door?

If someone genetically modified a pig to have non-cloven hooves, could jews and muslims eat the bacon from it? What about turkey-bacon, can they eat that?

On Star Trek, why are humans the only species who don't have any religion anymore? Even Vulcans follow the teachings of Surak, but you never see the humans celebrating Christmas or having a Bar Mitzfa.

In Star Wars, why do they start the film on the whole premise it is set "in a galaxy far away", but then refer to the people as "humans"? Surely they are not humans, but humanoids.

TV licence: pay it once and watch as much as you like. Road tax: pay it once and drive as much as you like. Income tax: what's that all about?

The BMW Mini: it's not small. But when my proper-Mini-loving friend e-mailed BMW to ask why it's called a "Mini" and suggested they should have called it a "Maxi", they pretty much told him to naff off.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly. Out of a pie, 4-and-20 birds fly? But a fly does not bird when it lands in my pie.

Birds, flies. Discuss.

Basic grammar this - bird is a noun and not a verb, whereas fly can be both a noun and a verb. Your dictionary should help you with the correct contexts.

AdamW said:
How is it that people say "ooooh, McDonals, bad, don't want a new McDonalds here!", but no-one seems to complain that I can order a pint of sugar-laden coffee with extra shots of espresso (more caffeine?) topped off with whipped cream at the Starbucks that opened up next door?

Yes they do.

AdamW said:
On Star Trek, why are humans the only species who don't have any religion anymore? Even Vulcans follow the teachings of Surak, but you never see the humans celebrating Christmas or having a Bar Mitzfa.

In Star Wars, why do they start the film on the whole premise it is set "in a galaxy far away", but then refer to the people as "humans"? Surely they are not humans, but humanoids.

Aah, classic nerds entertainment. Maybe you should have a little lie down before you get a nose-bleed. :)

keyplayer - are you pulling our legs, or have you missed the point of this topic?

AdamW said:
If someone genetically modified a pig to have non-cloven hooves, could jews and muslims eat the bacon from it? What about turkey-bacon, can they eat that?

According to a muslim friend, the issue is not just the cloven hooves but also because they regard a pig as "unclean" and, like most of these religious instructions, it's down to being healthy in a hot environment...

So, even if I invented a pig without cloven hooves, the joy of a bacon sandwich will never reach those who follow the jewish and islamic faiths "religiously".

Softus said:
keyplayer - are you pulling our legs, or have you missed the point of this topic?

:oops: Yes the latter. Sorry all, only read page 2. :oops:

Here are some really scarey wide awake moments of terror/thoughts I have had recently ,

Why is it you breath in an out ,? ...you try to stop breathing an then gasp ..lol..
an you then lie awake worrying you may stop all together ..!!!

I dread not getting that erection ever again ... :(

why is it now 40 is weeks gone my nostril hair is spouting everywhere ...
WORSE still why EAR hair , WTF...LOL
+ I have started getting grey hairs all over my hair now , started with odd strands after 40 , plucked out ...then more every where lol,
I dont care the grey ,
I think in a bloke its quite manly but this nasal ear hair..AWFUL
I lie awake plucking away ..

Going down to check the back door is locked
(lol this time last year I have left it wide open an couldnt care less ,even hoped a scallywag would try it on in my house ,lol)

now I have to have a pattern/design on going to bed , or I cannot sleep

if its broken .. I lie awake an fret ....

lie awake an relive things in my head , like my trip too the doctors ,where I will go through the conversation , an sometimes go to sleep talking these ...

worse one I keep getting is the one of my death an what is after that ....
reborn/blackness /heaven-hell / purgatory /Karma rebirth (good lifestyle come back as a great inventor/lover ..bad sh*tty lifestyle come back as as a SLUG )

I have heard my Mind of late whisper allsorts to me in my sleepless cold sweats ...
what gives me great comfort is a blackbird outside my bedroom window in the early hours chirping ...lol..lol + my lovely wife ...

can I just add I have just cut down on my very heavy drinking life..
maybe its the beers/Stella all laughing at me in the early hours !?

I own no blue clothes, but when I find some fluff in my belly button, what colour do you think it is..........

Sponsored Links
Back