The laws an ass !

Oh here we go, "go find the evidence to disprove something which you have never proven in the first place".
It is precisely that sort of behaviour that I criticised Justin Passing for. You make a claim that you've found some evidence to support your incredible claims, and you challenge your protagonist to disprove your theories. Are you incapable of copying and pasting the relevant bits of proof that you claimed to have found?
Why would someone need to do it 2 or 3 times? Evidence is in the transcript
Can we assume that either the evidence did not exist to support your false claim in the first place, or you are incapable of copying and pasting?
Which is it?
Anyway, from your link which you are unwilling or unable to copy and paste the relevant bits:
These counts alleged that he had piloted a boat across the channel containing illegal migrants on two occasions, 24 July 2019 and 29 December 2019. Count 2 alleged that he had also committed a similar offence on the 12 December 2019.​
Notice the word alleged. Allege is not a proof of guilt, thank God, otherwise I would be guilty of a whole range of dastardly deeds that I am alleged to have committed on this forum.
Further extracts from your link:
The appellant's actions in being one of a number to help pilot the boat were de minimis in terms of "facilitation" and did not amount to the offence under section 25.
See how easy it is to copy and paste sections of the document to which you referred.
As I have previously said, it is not illegal to make numerous attempts to cross the channel to claim asylum.

Sponsored Links
Read all of it. He was deported

He refused to provide the PIN number for this phone and declined to make an application for asylum. He was subsequently returned to Denmark where a previous application for asylum had been refused.

he clearly knows the process, strange how he didn’t claim asylum. Strange also that he pleaded guilty.

Read all of it. He was deported
The prosecution evidence showed
He refused to provide the PIN number for this phone and declined to make an application for asylum. He was subsequently returned to Denmark where a previous application for asylum had been refused.​
he clearly knows the process, strange how he didn’t claim asylum. Strange also that he pleaded guilty.
You mean the prosecution evidence which fiddled him into pleading guilty, showed what it wanted to show?
Mr Kakaei will say that he believed that all the migrants aboard on both occasions, including himself, would surrender to the UK border authorities and claim asylum immediately on disembarking in the UK.​
A far as I am aware, there is no requirement for refugees to give access to their phones. They are not criminals and should not be treated as such. They obviously were treated as criminals.
Additionally, there is no requirement to claim asylum aboard a boat. The correct process is to claim asylum on arrival in UK.

Also, as far as I aware, refugees are free to apply for asylum in another country having been refused asylum in the first country. (and please don't refer to Dublin regulations, We're no longer in EU)
I'm sure I remember Assange trying several embassies before finally applying in the Bohemian Rhapsody he ended up in.

Sponsored Links
You mean the prosecution evidence which fiddled him into pleading guilty, showed what it wanted to show?

A far as I am aware, there is no requirement for refugees to give access to their phones. They are not criminals and should not be treated as such. They obviously were treated as criminals.
Additionally, there is no requirement to claim asylum aboard a boat. The correct process is to claim asylum on arrival in UK.

His own defence asked for a ruling on whether he even had a defence, this was not the CPS who "fiddled" him, it was his defence. - again its in the transcript.
He can claim asylum on the boat and when interviewed in the UK - he did neither.

Regarding the PIN - They probably just wanted to check he had Grinder on it, to back up his claim. :D

Its really sad that the gangs who charge 5k a pop, pay the skipper 200 quid to drive them across the pond. Typical of the low pay, in the commercial skippering business (still more than I used to get per day).

The intention of entering the UK in order to claim asylum is not illegal.
The judgement was crystal clear on that point.
When you've found evidence to prove that it is illegal, I'll happily apologise.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/77/section/24

Illegal entry and similar offences.

(1)A person who is not [F1a British citizen] shall be guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction with a fine of not more than [F2[F3level 5]on the standard scale] or with imprisonment for not more than six months, or with both, in any of the following cases:—

(a)if contrary to this Act he knowingly enters the United Kingdom in breach of a deportation order or without leave;

(1)A person who is not [F1a British citizen] shall be guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction with a fine of not more than [F2[F3level 5]on the standard scale] or with imprisonment for not more than six months, or with both, in any of the following cases:—

(a)if contrary to this Act he knowingly enters the United Kingdom in breach of a deportation order or without leave;

Brexit Britain breaking international law.

Another thing remainers got right

Quite obviously that does not cover potential asylum seekers.
It is not illegal, for the umpteenth time, to arrive in UK and surrender to an authority and claim asylum.
The law to which refer clearly refers to anyone entering UK with the intention of avoiding detection.

Sponsored Links
Back