Taking possession of something you own.

the answer has been given several times , not my fault you lack basic intelligence to read the entire thread through . Stick to the beano and the dandy at least they have pictures to help you follow the story
Swerve away. My point stands

Are you renting out for the benefit of the poor and needy ?

Sponsored Links
Swerve away. My point stands

Are you renting out for the benefit of the poor and needy ?
your point doesnt stand read what has been written take your time and put a ruler under each line if it helps you
i hear tinted glasses may also help if its dyslexia you are suffering with

your point doesnt stand read what has been written take your time and put a ruler under each line if it helps you
i hear tinted glasses may also help if its dyslexia you are suffering with
Are you renting out houses for the benefit of the poor and needy?

Stop swerving

Are you renting out houses for the benefit of the poor and needy?

Stop swerving

Gas has said that he's doing it so that his kids and grandkids have a chance to get onto the property ladder themselves.

One irony being that he's one of the reasons why his progeny need a leg up in the first place.
Another being that, because of the sh!tty state of the UK housing market, Gas is also, to a degree, a victim of it himself.

Sponsored Links
Gas has said that he's doing it so that his kids and grandkids have a chance to get onto the property ladder themselves.

One irony being that he's one of the reasons why his progeny need a leg up in the first place.
Another being that, because of the sh!tty state of the UK housing market, Gas is also, to a degree, a victim of it himself.
He is also trying to pretend it's a poor way to make money.

I doubt if he could have made the same return on a house over the last xyz years compared to money in a bank.

I'm not knocking people for making money out of renting (the whole system is wrong but that's not any individuals fault). I'm taking him to task for pretending he isn't getting a valuation increase on his property, as its being paid for by somebody else.

And yes I agree he isn't looking at it from the view his kids see of the housing market.

We all want to do the best for our kids.

When it becomes less a nice gesture though, and more an absolute necessity, it grates.

£360 pcm in 2007. Guess how much the rent has increased by in the intervening 17 years ...

It now rents out for £480 pcm. A massive increase of £7.05 per year.
Rise by a factor of 1.5 over 17 years is on average about 2.5% per year. That doesn't sound too bad

Rise by a factor of 1.5 over 17 years is on average about 2.5% per year. That doesn't sound too bad

Must be a hovel; rents around here for 2 and 3 bed shoeboxes are pushing a grand per month.
Next door to my mother's house, the 3 bed semi-detached - admittedly with garden front and rear, and pleasant views beyond - was pushing £2k per month, 2 years ago.

Can you give an example?
I'm pretty sure I did earlier in this thread/ My son and his lady. Help needed to get a deposit. Some of that is down to needing to pay rent while they are saving a deposit. This factor also figures
What is a Good % Deposit for a House in London? Generally speaking, between 15% and 20% of the total property value is a good amount to aim for. Such a deposit will not only massively reduce your monthly mortgage payments, but you'll also be able to get a good mortgage deal with decent interest.

Troubled uncertain times figure in that. Possibility of crazy values causing a house price crash as well.

Lease hold is a very bad idea these days. Something of a change over a number of years.

I think some one mentione 40 year mortgages. Pass but chats with older people when a lot younger there was some one over 40 not on the housing ladder. He tried and couldn't get a mortgage. All down to retirement age. Now - I don't know.

Missing the point that many who have good jobs and careers still can't get onto the housing ladder .
Should work even harder!
People love averages on here.

Ok.

Average UK property price: £285k

Average UK salary: £35k

Take a couple, one earning average salary, the other £25k. Combined income £60k. They've scrimped and scraped a £25k deposit. Mortgage is £260k, 4.3x combined earnings. No, not 2.5x, however neither is it 7x.

Some areas of the UK price people out. Is it fair? Nope. Newsflash. Life isn't fair sometimes.

I can preempt the replies to my post above.

Oh but how do they get the £25k deposit together???

Stop leasing a BMW you don't need. Stop going on your hols abroad. Stop buying 'stuff' of all descriptions that you don't need. If absolutely required and if possible, move back in with the parents.

Hey presto, in 2-4 years guess what? You have your deposit ;)

Sponsored Links
Back