SwitchFuse/DNO Connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not been doing any work in the house for a while, But I asked on here a while back about laying wiring in for switch fuse.

Hager Metal Switchfuse, with 25mm SWA entering from only pop out on bottom of switch fuse.

Problem was getting the LNE for DNO supply into the box.

I had suggested cutting in 3 cable glands and running them in that way, however I didn't realize at the time you could then get stray currents in the metal if there not going into the same hole.

I was wandering if I cut a hole in the back of the switchfuse box and ran 25mm L/N out the back and behind the switch fuse out the bottom and left enough length the DNO guy would be able to just attach it to the meter and remove the old feeds that are currently there?

I dont see a problem electrically, but dont know if the DNO folk would accept the cables disappearing for 6 inch behind the switch fuse?

Sponsored Links
Hole_Saw.jpg

and-symbol-981730-m.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!iwFCf33q8z,BQtfE!G)Rw~~60_35.JPG

If one of the existing knockouts is not large enough for supply cables to enter, enlarge the hole.

Sponsored Links
I had suggested cutting in 3 cable glands and running them in that way, however I didn't realize at the time you could then get stray currents in the metal if there not going into the same hole.

If you have 3 holes, just run a saw between the holes, they effectively become one hole.

Did by cheap one from s/fix, tlc or toolstation, bought 2 from hilti
1 x 4-20mm, 1 x 10-40mm, not used to often, but nice and sharp.

would plastic glands be neccesary, this was done a lot with single core pyros with solid brass glands and i assume the pyro gland just increases the field around the gland but is still broken by the slots

Anyway I read it as theres no holes left as the only hole accomadates the SWA so i suppose the time it takes to drill 3 holes may as well drill just 1 decent hole

would plastic glands be neccesary, this was done a lot with single core pyros with solid brass glands and i assume the pyro gland just increases the field around the gland but is still broken by the slots

Anyway I read it as theres no holes left as the only hole accomadates the SWA so i suppose the time it takes to drill 3 holes may as well drill just 1 decent hole

Brass is a non ferrous metal ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back