Suitable membrane or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all
Hoping to get some ideas by posting this. I am currently reroofing and old small barn, from inside are looking straight at battens and underside of slate.
I want to keep the old battens on display (something i have done in the past on a smaller scale by plyboarding over full area batten on top of rafters felt and then batten atop of this and then slate) I done this and painted the plywood underside 1st so once complete looks really good inside espesially an old building)

But have a problem on barn because that method increases the depth of fascia which for reasons I cannot do this counter batten method.

So am sort of planning to use a white underside felt and batten straight on top of existing battens , the gauge is all the same so no probs there, but my big nag is that I will have no sag in the felt and may trap water....but feel that this would not be a problem.

so basically are asking discussion or questions on whether i would be ok or is there any other ideas.

thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back