Stuck in France - Octavia mk 3 popped

I've experienced two examples of a detached turbo pipe, both VAG vehicles and both with the 1.9pd lump.
One went into limp mode, and would hardly pull itself along, the other behaved just like you would expect - flat as a pancake.
I've absolutely no idea why the cars should behave so differently though, it was the same pipe connected to the intercooler.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Any updates?
Thanks for asking. It seems the French breakdown mechanic is a busy man and didn't get round to looking at it yesterday. We're not too chuffed. Heading down to the depot this morning to put a bit of pressure on. Meanwhile we're planning to get ourselves over the channel by tomorrow whatever happens. The roadside assistance company will pay £600 expenses to come and get the car when it's fixed.

It's complicated though, only some ferries allow foot passengers with dogs, Eurostar only allow assistance dogs, there's a company that takes people with dogs through the Chunnel but they've got limited capacity! Fair to say my week isn't going as planned.

I'm hoping the mechanic can patch things up today and we can limp home in our motor. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for asking. It seems the French breakdown mechanic is a busy man and didn't get round to looking at it yesterday. We're not too chuffed. Heading down to the depot this morning to put a bit of pressure on. Meanwhile we're planning to get ourselves over the channel by tomorrow whatever happens. The roadside assistance company will pay £600 expenses to come and get the car when it's fixed.

It's complicated though, only some ferries allow foot passengers with dogs, Eurostar only allow assistance dogs, there's a company that takes people with dogs through the Chunnel but they've got limited capacity! Fair to say my week isn't going as planned.

I'm hoping the mechanic can patch things up today and we can limp home in our motor. Fingers crossed.
I wouldn't bet on that being successful and although I can't say it's nationwide, everything I read in forums here talk of significant waits to get work done. Other forums have also related the problems of getting dogs back when there is a breakdown. There is some kind of a dog-taxi which may be the company you mention.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't bet on that being successful and although I can't say it's nationwide, everything I read in forums here talk of significant waits to get work done. Other forums have also related the problems of getting dogs back when there is a breakdown. There is some kind of a dog-taxi which may be the company you mention.
Thanks for messaging. Yeah the mechanic was nowhere in sight. We've successfully applied to Eurostar to take our dogs as assistance dogs so we're off to Paris in a one way car rental.

+1 for an induction system leak. if you're lucky, a rubber hose blown off its connector. Appropriate sized hose clip and you'll be on your way again. If less lucky, a split hose, and you'll need a new one, but shouldn't be too costly. At worst, a burst intercooler, which would be more expensive.

I did try to reconnect one of the hoses I’ve mentioned with a jubilee clip, but it wasn’t having any of it. Blew off in no time!
The only thing that would hold it was the OE horseshoe wire clip that VW use but that had gone AWOL.
John

Back