Stuart Turner Pump - Replace Couplings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After some advice please.

I have a 2 bar Stuart Turner Showermate, and I want to know if I can replace the 15mm anti-vibration couplings with 22mm?

I don't see why not, as I'm going to have to reduce the 22mm to 15mm anyway, but just wanted to make sure. I need right angled couplings anyway, so thought it would make sense to just buy 22mm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240507_080324_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507_080324_Chrome.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 13
Sponsored Links
I do not see why not.

But the 22mm ones will be stiffer and give less isolation from vibration.

So I might be suggesting that whatever you are coupling to should be well fixed close to the connection point.

There shouldn't be a reason not to - but I always ask myself, in these scenarios - why didn't they do that from factory, there has to be a reason they are supplied as 3/4" to 15mm and not straight to 22mm.

A call to ST would hopefully clear that up.

I would expect they come with the flexible pipes and the manufacturer chooses 15mm because they are far cheaper and better adsorb vibration.

Sponsored Links
I spoke with Stuart Turner and this is what they've said

"If you were to fit 22mm hoses and pipework this wouldn’t be an issue unless there was a future warranty issue (i.e. leaking connections, burst hoses, etc). The warranty covers the hoses and the pump combined. Therefore, using both in tandem, with the correct application, is advisory.

However, would there be a great deal of risk to the pump? It is unlikely. However, keep in mind we only test these products with the 15mm hoses we supply."

I thought I would post their response incase any one has the same question in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back