Squeaky exhaust - Vauxhall Crossland X

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Vauxhall Crossland X
1.2 eco
40k miles

I've put a link below to a video of my squeaky exhaust that is quite loud when driving and moving up and down. I cant seem to see exactly where the squeak is coming from but am hopeful it may be something I can sort myself.

Any help and guidance very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I don't open links.

But get somebody to rock the exhaust at the back as you look under and around.

Any blowing noises? Rattle or squeak?

Cars these days have an aluminium or stainless steel guard between the hot exhaust and the body work. These often come loose due to corrosion and foul the exhaust pipe.
Check each guard for security. If they have dropped a large penny washer can be used to hold them up - if the original fixing is still there and the original hole has become enlarged.
John :)

Some posts have been removed.
Thanks all - I wasn't intending on starting an argument by posting a YouTube video, but hey ho.

And yes, I am always naked. I will have a look at the suggestions and hopefully get it sorted.

Further suggestions always welcome.

Sponsored Links
If it isn't the alloy shroud I'm on about, there may be a flexible braided steel coupling very close to the engine that is faulty.....they occasionally squeak, more often leak..
You'll only be able to test things by wriggling underneath though, and heaving the exhaust pipe around.
Look out for split rubber mounts too!

Found the culprit...
1000032613.jpg

Not at all so will need someone to do it.

Will use some wire for the time being just to secure it temporarily and then will book it in for next week.

Harry's jubilee clip would work - around the pipe then up to the peg that goes through the rubber mount.

Sponsored Links
Back