Software for running small construction business

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to help a friend that works in construction and is not very good with technology to use some software to manage his construction business. He was trying to use something called HBXL which is proper crap, so I've taken the opportunity to try finding something else.. I found a couple of options and so far, I'm leaning to use Priceajob, but it cost around £100 a month for all the modules.
Do you guys have any thoughts? Any suggestions of other applications that are cloud based that work well for you?

Sponsored Links
CRM (sales)
project management
accounting
estimation
building regulation
staff management
suppliers management
support/ticketing system to manage post-sales support, problems, etc...

Unless you are looking for a bespoke system (which would be very costly), I would suggest getting the basics and working from there. The suggestions below are based on what many small businesses use.

Accounting - most accountants are happy with Quick Books or Sage.
Staff, suppliers, admin - Excel spreadsheets.
Communications - a domain based email - IMAP or if the budget stretches to it an Exchange Mailbox (available with business versions of Office 365).
Support, marketing, portfolio - get self hosted website with a contact form.

Sponsored Links
CRM (sales)
project management
accounting
estimation
building regulation
staff management
suppliers management
support/ticketing system to manage post-sales support, problems, etc...
you dont need one software for that

accounting: use sage or similar

project management: choose one that suits like Monday.com. clickup etc

estimation: use building software

I'm not keen on Excel.

Industry sources tell me that most spreadsheets in business have errors in them. As Matt Hancock could tell you, some of them are catastrophic.

People who like Excel can find excuses to tinker with it all day. It looks like work, but it's closer to doing jigsaws or crosswords.

Back