Scantronic 9448 Very Odd Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

At my shop we have a Scantronic 9448+ alarm, we had a power cut and the system went off (probably a back up battery fault), but that's not the issue.

When the power went back on the alarm started the entry tone and we couldn't stop it, it went off after maybe 10-15 seconds.
Then the alarm wouldn't do anything.

Entering our codes did nothing, even when the engineer code was entered nothing happened.

It's like every time now when we turn it on it does that entry tone then stops and becomes unresponsive.

(The installer came round but said it needs a replacement, but any ideas what was actually wrong with it as they wouldn't say?)

Any ideas?
Ivan

Sponsored Links
It was installed in 2003 or some time around then, it's a relatively small building.

Try disconnecting the battery, then the mains.

Leave it a couple of minutes, then reconnect the battery only, then refit the cover.

Does it power up and work?

If so, reconnect the mains.

If not, it sounds like the battery may be kaput.
Leave the battery disconnected and power up the mains. Does it work then?

Sponsored Links
Hi all,
Thanks for the help, I’ve tried all of those codes, and nothing works. I also tried doing everything you said.
The panel must be broken, but they have replaced the battery only a year ago.

Have you tried doing a factory reset ? Short the default pins on power up …

Yes, I tried everything sadly. It seems to be doing that entry tone every 5 mins after it stops

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back