Rubber tape

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I am going to try fixing a decor panel to a dishwasher door with neodymium magnetic pads. To prevent the magnets scratching the door, I thought a thin rubber sheet or tape would be handy, and also resist sliding.

I haven't got any old inner tubes. What else can I get?

Sponsored Links
Yes, it would prevent scratching, but might let the panel slip.

Sponsored Links
Ah, I didn't search for neoprene.

Thanks

Last edited:
Buy a bike inner tube from Halfords, there's one on special offer, only a quid!

IMG_6101.png

the thicker it is, the less the magnets can pull without falling off, sellotape might be enough to prevent scratches.

you will need rubber on both surfaces making a very weak magnet
perhaps no rubber and a felt glider/pad above the magnet position on the panel and below on the machine to help the magnet resist the slide motion

you could apply Sellotape on the machine if your worried in the contact area

Last edited:
It all rather depends on the magnets, strong magnets won't be affected by a slither of rubber in between.

What fittings do you have in mind?

It is not an integrated appliance.
Then it’s unlikely to work , the space required for the door to hinge is going to leave a gap .Double sided foam tape is strong fix for two surfaces if you must , but needs careful alignment as you won’t get it off once stuck .

another thought
i have never had or used a dishwasher but i suspect the door may get quite warm??
if so effect on any adhesive may need to be taken into concideration ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back