RTU5024 GSM Gate Opener GSM Remote Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to test one of these? It’s brand new with a working SIM card from a previously same model but the SIM card holder was broken

I’ve powered it up and it’s got mobile signal with a slow flashing red led and I’ve connected a 12V pc case fan into the following for testing the relay:

COM: Black negative wire to fan
NC: Red positive wire to fan

This was my thinking to prove that it can work with the existing magnetic gate

I have the instructions which I will attach on here. It just doesn’t seem to respond to a request to turn the relay on so I think I need fo add my number as the authorised number or make it respond to any number using the relevant commands below

Turn relay on
1234#ON#

Set authorised number (this is the one from the manual and looks like an extra digit in error?)
1234#TEL0044 13500001111#01

Setup allow all call in numbers to access it
1234#AA#

IMG_4119.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4120.jpeg
    IMG_4120.jpeg
    504.7 KB · Views: 14
Sponsored Links
It’s a relay how is it going to run a fan ? You need to connect 12v + into the relay common and fan into normally open , the fan 0v to psu 0v

It’s a relay how is it going to run a fan ? You need to connect 12v + into the relay common and fan into normally open , the fan 0v to psu 0v
Hi mate, yes thanks for that the problem I’m having is it doesn’t respond to any command I sent to it and it’s supposed to text me back confirming when I’ve made a change to it. There is an app but it says it’s not available in this region, I’m in the UK so I also tried to VPN to change my IP to the USA and it’s still blocked it

Sponsored Links
I tried to but it doesn’t acknowledge any commands by reply sms like it says it supposed too

A simple test is to put the SIM into a working phone and try to dial another, it may be that the SIM is no longer active. Some regions are turning off 2G networks....and some operators are disabling PAYG SIMs if they've made no chargeable call recently.

In the UK, 2G will be switched off by 2033, but 3G will be sunsetted sooner. Vodafone will begin switching off their 3G network this month, other networks have later deadlines in the next couple of years, all of which can be found at the Ofcom website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back