Read any good books lately?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just finished 'We need to talk about Kevin' by Lionel Shriver and it was brilliant. This kid goes to school and shoots and kills a load of people and this book is just letters written by his Mum to his Dad about him and the things he's done in his life.

It's one of those books you can't put down and has a brilliant twist towards the end. Not one for the faint hearted though.

What sort of books do the rest of you like? I read loads. Mainly books with a good twist to them, with a bit of murder, mystery and suspense to them. Supernatural thrillers are usually good too. can't stand chick-lit books though, far too girly.

Biographies of interesting people through the ages are always a good bet too :D

Sponsored Links
Fan pf james patterson - all his books are good. Also got into Tess Gerritsen lately. Martina Cole is also good. There is a book called shantaram - supposed to be brilliant - its a biography.

Sponsored Links
I'm currently reading Frank Muir's autobiography.

And a book about the early lighthouse building.

joe

Big fan of Richard Laymon. Edward Lee is another favourite. Just reading some Shaun Hutson at the minute but anything that's pretty sick and twisted is welcome. If you can find a copy of "Splatterspunk" by Edward Lee and John Pelan, it's worth a giggle.

69er, if you like Martina Cole then try Gilda O'Neill's trilogy about the O'Donnell family - 'The Sins of Their Fathers', 'Make Us Traitors' & 'Of Woman Born'. Martina Cole herself praises them - extremely powerful writing :D

I really like Michael Crichton (The Lost World, Jurassic Park, Twister, ER, Disclosure, Westworld, etc, etc). If you are into sci-fi that 'could be believed' then I would recommend his books.

I have just finished 'Prey' - excellent - one of the few books that has really built up the suspense while I've been reading it. :eek: Can't wait until it's made into a film :)

Just re-read Hobbit & lord of the rings, and watched the films after each book, made the films seem kinda short :eek:

Gavin Menzies 1421 the year the chinest discovered the world and a nice art book called the shining sands that I got for my birthday.

any read where the lady has a staple through the navel is cool with me. ;)
seriously, im about to start a nice new dean koontz tonight called velocity. please , if you've read this, i don't want to know!

noseall said:
any read where the lady has a staple through the navel is cool with me. ;)
seriously, im about to start a nice new dean koontz tonight called velocity. please , if you've read this, i don't want to know!

It's not that exciting - ends with the main character dying from septicemia she contracted from a navel piercing :LOL: ;)

bit too subtle the staple through the navel bit. nothing to do with piercings.
if you read a "gentlemans mag" and turn to the centre page spread, where you might find a lady without much on, the staples wich hold the magazine together................get it now!

noseall said:
bit too subtle the staple through the navel bit. nothing to do with piercings.
if you read a "gentlemans mag" and turn to the centre page spread, where you might find a lady without much on, the staples wich hold the magazine together................get it now!

Oh yes :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Noseall, I've got a little story for you about a young lady with a navel piercing. My darling mate got hers done a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday there was a cry for help - she'd been wearing a tight leather mini skirt and the buckle had caught on the piercing :rolleyes:

She's ended up 'undoing' the piercing from the inside out and where the skin inside had started to heal it had all become detached :cry: . I've had to give her detailed instructions on how to keep it clean and dry until the piercing parlour re-opens on Tuesday....

What do you mean, you wanted a nice story...????? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back