Pro-Palestine Protests

Actually the video doesn't really shed much light on what was going on.

Sponsored Links
Two weeks after the attack on October 7.

This is the mindset of those who support Hamas.

This is why Israel claim they have to eradicate Hamas.

"Today is the time for the Palestinian people to rise, set their paths straight and establish an independent Palestinian state."

"We will hold accountable all those who occupied our lands and Allah will hold accountable all those who remained silent against this occupation and oppression."

When Hamas and their like minded mates like Iran and the stealth nations have dealt with Israel, then they will be coming for us.

Alrighty then...shall we look forward to a day when the Zionists achieve their stated aim to destroy Hamas: what then?

Do the Palestinians get their own independent state, free from Israeli control, or do they become subject to further dominance from Israel as they take more Palestinian land in accordance with the Ultra-Orthodox doctrine of a 'land from the river to the sea'?

That'll put an end to the protests, i'm sure.

Sponsored Links
When Hamas and their like minded mates like Iran and the stealth nations have dealt with Israel, then they will be coming for us.
LOL I thought you were a sensible person. Maybe you don't really believe that.

On the other hand politics and religion are often a bad mix. A lot depends on the stength of the religious beliefs. Politics is the skill of forming peoples opinions. That can make the mix even worse For some politics is seen in much the same way as religion is - faith rather than results.

The badboys gang together against the good boys - read the west. China a bit of an oddball. The bottom line is that their economy will eventually exceed the US's. India's might as well but their politics currently are unlikely to get to that state

Alrighty then...shall we look forward to a day when the Zionists achieve their stated aim to destroy Hamas: what then?

Do the Palestinians get their own independent state, free from Israeli control, or do they become subject to further dominance from Israel as they take more Palestinian land in accordance with the Ultra-Orthodox doctrine of a 'land from the river to the sea'?

That'll put an end to the protests, i'm sure.

Palestinians will get their own state, it won't be totally free from Israeli control because Israel will want to control security and I can understand the reasons for that.
Independent?, don't be ridiculous. The Palestinians are professional refugees reliant on handouts and charity simply to exist. They are incapable of forming a united Government and incapable of creating infrastructure, employment, utilities etc, everything is done for them.
The only capability they appear to have is digging tunnels and making rockets.

What sort of independence is that?

They are incapable of forming a united Government.........

I do wonder whether the contrivance that is a country is at odds with humanity: it is just that some peoples have learned to live with it.
Humans have, for the greater part of their existence, been nomadic : following the climate, and the fauna. Only "recently" have we moulded the environment to our needs, and made it feasible to settle somewhere permanent.
Take Afghanistan, for example: it is more a mix of warlords and their loyalists, than a united country. The "country" boundaries are just lines on a map.
Same went for Iraq, Iran.

Islands, but their very nature, would be exceptions to the above.

It might be that, given enough time, the tribes fade away to the point where the concept of "country" is the primary one.

The above is the sort of thing I'd like to discuss with a Rory Stewart, over a beer.

I do wonder whether the contrivance that is a country is at odds with humanity: it is just that some peoples have learned to live with it.
Humans have, for the greater part of their existence, been nomadic : following the climate, and the fauna. Only "recently" have we moulded the environment to our needs, and made it feasible to settle somewhere permanent.
Take Afghanistan, for example: it is more a mix of warlords and their loyalists, than a united country. The "country" boundaries are just lines on a map.

Islands, but their very nature, would be exceptions to the above.

It might be that, given enough time, the tribes fade away to the point where the concept of "country" is the primary one.

The above is the sort of thing I'd like to discuss with a Rory Stewart, over a beer.
If you haven't already read it, Prisoners of geography is an excellent read.

Palestinians will get their own state, it won't be totally free from Israeli control because Israel will want to control security and I can understand the reasons for that.
Independent?, don't be ridiculous. The Palestinians are professional refugees reliant on handouts and charity simply to exist. They are incapable of forming a united Government and incapable of creating infrastructure, employment, utilities etc, everything is done for them.
The only capability they appear to have is digging tunnels and making rockets.

What sort of independence is that?

More undisguised racist contempt from filly

Similarly there are a network of 'clans' in Gaza.

LOL I thought you were a sensible person. Maybe you don't really believe that.

I do believe that. The Islamic nutters are no different to the far right nutters.
They see no place for anything else but Islam.

Don't get confused with decent Muslims that just want to live in peace

The Islamic nutters are no different to the far right nutters.
That's near to how I see it but I consider points bought out in the video filly linked to. Plus some other factors. There is plenty of info about. Net result in my case is that given the situation Palestinians are in **** was bound to happen especially considering the side issues that mostly now relate to the west bank but did in the strip as well. The PA is an infective corrupt group. The IDF have control in some Palestinian areas of the west bank. Usually punitive control is used. It all makes for really good relations.

Rory also pointed out that not all of HAMAS on the political side want to destroy Israel. They have their extreme right just as Israel has.

There is very little black and white around in the arguments about it all really. 2 rather black and white ones often crop up but neither really give any thought to how and why the situations arose. Do that and US and the Israeli state have a lot to answer for past the point where 1967 gains were deemed as occupations. Could a different approach have had a better result. I suspect so but there is no way of knowing.

Sponsored Links
Back