Private Number Plates

Sponsored Links
Seen in Milford Sound.

IMG_20240503_135355_MP.jpg

Sponsored Links
Years ago a neighbour had a really nice Rover P6, the plate PT 17. The the philistine chopped the car in for a Metro and stuck the plate on it, probably increasing the price of the POS by quite a bit.

Rover P6- the first car I was in during an accident. Stepfather was on the A1 to Grantham, we hit black ice as he approached the roundabout. The Rover missed the trees on the roundabout and ended up in the middle of the roundabout.

The car was built like a tank- I am convinced that it would have beaten a tree in a fair fight.

From memory, it was consistently voted the safest car in europe during the mid/late 70's. .I guess they mean the safest for passengers rather than pedestrians (and trees).

Coolest number plate I have seen in a while... the Bang and Olfusen store in Ealing Broadway (W5) has "W5BNO"

bnojpg.jpg

Rover P6- the first car I was in during an accident. Stepfather was on the A1 to Grantham, we hit black ice as he approached the roundabout. The Rover missed the trees on the roundabout and ended up in the middle of the roundabout.

The car was built like a tank- I am convinced that it would have beaten a tree in a fair fight.

From memory, it was consistently voted the safest car in europe during the mid/late 70's. .I guess they mean the safest for passengers rather than pedestrians (and trees).

Yes, the P6 was quite revolutionary and one of my favourite cars. It had crash protection and crumple zones, collapsible column, padded dash, safe dashboard switch design, 4 wheel disc brakes, anti burst doors and a laminated screen, when many other cars didn't. However, if you really want a tank you have to go back a bit further to the P4 and 5. Especially the 4 as everything was very heavyweight and built on a seperate chassis. These cars have survived in quite large numbers because they were so robust and panels are much heavier gauge steel than today. Had a nice P4 in late 80s to 90s - dove grey over smoke grey with red interior. Still hanker after another, or a P5 coupe if my lottery/PBs come up.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back