Printer Problems

H&J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I try & print I get the message "The data area passed to a system call is too small".

It worked ok up to a couple of weeks ago, I've tried reinstalling but no change.

The printer is a Lexmark X73.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Did you have another printer installed prior to the Lexmark? Also, can you let us know which operating system you are using?

This may be of use.

Regards

Ian

Sponsored Links
Igorian, the Lexmark is the only printer that's been installed.

I use windows 98.

I did install 2000xp a few weeks ago but took it off, too many things going wrong, funny enough the printer worked with this when it had stopped working with 98.

I am a complete novice with computors.

you are saying it worked with win 2000xp, but not win 98, maybe you have wrong printer driver

The links described above are not relevant to Windows NT series, only 9x e.g. 95 98 Me etc. You have probably installed some software that required increased extended memory.

I think I am confusing the issue, this is the history

win 98 worked ok for about 9 months

win 98 no software changes, just stopped working, message appeared

2000xp printer work ok, after uninstall & re-install lexmark prog.

win 98 printer not working, same message

Thanks for any help

Did you fully remove Win2k before re-installng 98?

How is the printer connected?

What software is running?

I uninstalled via remove pragams

usb

I do not know what you mean by what software is running, I loaded the software supplied with the printer, is that what you mean?

Sorry I can't be more specific, I really do know nothing about computors ( suppose that must be pretty obvious)

Thanks again

H&J said:
I uninstalled via remove pragams

usb

I do not know what you mean by what software is running, I loaded the software supplied with the printer, is that what you mean?

Sorry I can't be more specific, I really do know nothing about computors ( suppose that must be pretty obvious)

Thanks again

Err, bit confused here, you cannot remove Win2k from the add/remove programs icons that is visible in the control panel? Can / Are you able to describe more fully what you have done ?

Eddie, Thanks for your efforts to help me but we had better give this up as a bad job.

My knowledge of computers stops after I switch it on, I really can't make any sense out of any of it.

One of my daughters workmates has offered to come around and sort it out, she just happens to be a stunning blond of 23, so any tips on how I can muck something up that will take ages to put right, would be gratefully received.

Thanks for your time
J

H&J said:
Eddie, Thanks for your efforts to help me but we had better give this up as a bad job.

My knowledge of computers stops after I switch it on, I really can't make any sense out of any of it.

One of my daughters workmates has offered to come around and sort it out, she just happens to be a stunning blond of 23, so any tips on how I can muck something up that will take ages to put right, would be gratefully received.

Thanks for your time
J

Yep, in explorer delete everything in the c:\windows directory. DON'T DO IT !!! it's a joke.

Have you tried following what it says on the links provided ??

Sponsored Links
Back