Panasonic Bread Maker

Well scusi! I owe Ducati (the brand of the current capacitor) an apology! Certainly the cap had declined to 2.3 microfarads but it is not the reason for less than optimum rise. The RS one in situ results in a 'large' wholemeal loaf with a crown that does not rise above rim of the pan. Perhaps it is a seasonal wheat effect. Or maybe a yeast batch variation - only time will tell.

Sponsored Links
Hi all!
I have an SD2511 bread maker with the "flat bread" symptoms. I checked the capacitor mentioned it this thread with a multimeter and it says 2.97 mF. So basically it looks OK. Can it be still faulty so worth changing?
BTW I checked the belt as well and it seems fine I can't get it to slip while holding one wheel.

Hi everyone, first timer. I have a Panasonic sd2501. It failed to go today and I found a resistor on the pcb has had a dry joint on one leg which I think has overheated the resistor. It is the large resistor R76 which is the one just under the blue wire in the picture in the initial post above. Can anyone identify type and resistance so I can try to track one down please.

Sponsored Links
Hi all!
I have an SD2511 bread maker with the "flat bread" symptoms. I checked the capacitor mentioned it this thread with a multimeter and it says 2.97 mF. So basically it looks OK. Can it be still faulty so worth changing?
BTW I checked the belt as well and it seems fine I can't get it to slip while holding one wheel.
I was having 'flat bread' symptoms and had been having them for a while. I suspected it was a capacitor problem. I was using the original instruction with regard to quantities of ingredients. I used to buy the container of yeast but used it so little that I thought it was going off so I switched to the sealed sachets (Sainsbury’s own). I would use the recommended quantity from the sachet and throw the rest away so wasting about two thirds of the sachet. Wasn’t having great success. By chance, I read the instructions on the box and it said to use the whole sachet per 500g loaf and only use 320ml of water instead of the recommended 350ml in the Panasonic instructions. Result - perfect loaf!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back