Neighbour's gutters are blocked (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanting to know I have had my gutters cleaned out by a reputable company however the rain water cannot escape because the ajoining property won't have his cleaned this causes me a problem because when the houses were built these semi detached only had downpipes at one side and they are on his side so what can I do .

Sponsored Links
Just wanting to know I have had my gutters cleaned out by a reputable company however the rain water cannot escape because the ajoining property won't have his cleaned this causes me a problem because when the houses were built these semi detached only had downpipes at one side and they are on his side so what can I do .
Put a down pipe on yours and separate gutters .?

This is what I had in mind but council said I'm not allowed because I have no soak away and I am not allowed to let it go down a drain as it's not sewage and a proper soak away could cost up to 15 thousand .

Sponsored Links
This is what I had in mind but council said I'm not allowed because I have no soak away and I am not allowed to let it go down a drain as it's not sewage and a proper soak away could cost up to 15 thousand .
So it’s council property ?

Offer to pay for your neighbour's gutter clean?

Regards

Tet

Kevin, you have a very simple problem.

Your gutters are blocked
Your neighbours gutters are blocked.
Your neighbour has the downspout and you cannot fit one.
your neighbour refuses to clean their gutters.

There is also a very simple answer:
Clean both gutters.

Doing this will cost far less than the cost of installing a new downspout.

Or, when your gutter cleaning guy/person is cleaning yours get them to do as far as their gear can reach onto your neighbours, that way any blockage and subsequent spill over appears within their property - the resolution to that is that they then clean their own gutters.

Kevin, you have a very simple problem.

Your gutters are blocked
Your neighbours gutters are blocked.
Your neighbour has the downspout and you cannot fit one.
your neighbour refuses to clean their gutters.

There is also a very simple answer:
Clean both gutters.

Doing this will cost far less than the cost of installing a new downspout.

Or, when your gutter cleaning guy/person is cleaning yours get them to do as far as their gear can reach onto your neighbours, that way any blockage and subsequent spill over appears within their property - the resolution to that is that they then clean their own gutters.
Would/could that be considered trespass ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back