Neighbour Roof Issue. Their repair surely.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_1805-1.jpg
Last year my neighbour told me some lead flashing had fallen from my roof into their garden. Their roof is on the left, mine is raised above As you can see the flashing exists to protect their roof and is cut into the side of my roof so it protects their roof. They are now bothering me again to fix it, as they claim it is damaging their property. There is no damage to my property. Who is responsible left or right? Surely they are, the flashing is not there for the benefit of my property. It exists solely to protect their roof edge line.

Sponsored Links
where does the alignment of the party wall sit in relation to the step in the roof? that should be more definitive

Sponsored Links
We live in a similar set up and would be the house on the left. This would be for us to fix - we just had ours redone. Anything on the wall (painting, cracks etc) would be yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back