McAfee virus how to get rid if it?

Sponsored Links
Mcafee is not a virus it is an antivirus software. You might have downloaded a free version or you could have installed a fake 'virus' one.
If your willing to uninstall it click on start, search control panel and you will see an option where you can uninstall all apps. Select Mcafee and click on uninstall.

That's what I thought, but not in the app list, it may be intended as an antivirus but since unwanted and was downloaded with camera software now deleted, this 1710246997777.png is what I get, click on it and then full screen, then there is a close option, but can't find any way to remove the advert popping up, so it is a virus, but my virus checker does not see it as a virus so will not remove it. This is 1710249840977.png is the screen I get before I can turn it off, I would never buy a virus checker which does that. It is a virus in its self.

Last edited:
Click on Don't show this again.
On the bottom of the second picture.

It's probably bloatware - apps which have been pre installed by the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
That's a blast from the past. I thought McAfee was extinct - is AOL still around, i wonder? That was always a pest to remove in the days of yore.

Spoke too soon, found it shown corner here
1710767018633.png
by clicking close down it allows the removal of PC_App_Store folder in the C:\Users\User\AppData\Local folder, but still shows as being installed with the apps
1710767270938.png
and an attempt to delete comes up with
1710767358236.png
and says I have a virus, all seems to work OK for a time, then it returns.

As said go to the official McAfee site and download their removal tool. (y)

Sponsored Links
Back