Making good a hole in a wall - quick!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not quite making good but..
I fit boilers. Often exactly where an old one came out, leaving a "balanced flue" hole 9inch by 12inch or bigger. To date I've always bricked or blocked with mortar, and fixed the new boiler the next day. Often the new fixing bracket goes right across the old flue hole.
I'm wondering if I could use this stuff:

here

with carefully cut medium density blocks? Boilers weigh say 50kg. Often you only have a row of 4 screws, or fewer. The setting time of half an hour would mean that I could put the boiler up the same day.

I haven't used these blocks before - is there a better name for them? I want something I can put a diamond core through reasonably easily - ie more like softish brick, than padstone hardness!

Sponsored Links
Never use the foam stuff,so I can't say but looks okay & not sure how strong the material is.

I always use Jetcem Cement rapid setting cement but you have to be quick !! and I have even use a masonary drill in the new brickwork in approx 45 mins as they have a very high strenght.

A rapid setting cement (about 30 minutes). Used wherever a fast patching or repair job is needed. Sets under water.

Jetcem.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back