Log Cabins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just found the forum, looks great so far.

I'm in the process of buying my first, very small, house. It's a mid-terrace, one bed house and space is going to be a major issue but its all we can afford in the current market :(

Not sure if this question belongs here or in the gardening section but here goes.

We would like to put what is grandly referred to as a log cabin, but is more accurately a big shed, at the bottom of the garden, we intend to use this as storage and a study so we will run electricity and a network cable down to it.

My question is are there any restrictions on the size and usage of sheds and will I require planning permission for something of this size (probably (L)3.89 x (W)3.89 x (H)2.84 m but we may go with a smaller model).

Thanks
SMF

Sponsored Links
Best to check with your local planning department.Take a rough drawing plan of your layout with you.You can also get a free guideline book to help you.

Normally building permission depending on your area,the outbuilding must be 5m away from your property and not more than 50% of the garden,flat roof maximum 3m high,pitch roof 4m high and if you have any extension added on to your property,that will also be taken into account.Failing this,you will need planning permission.

Thanks for that Masona

Were going to see the planning officer on Wednesday about an extension to the main house (see separate post above), but it sounds, from what you say, that we shouldn't have any problems with the cabin.

Many Thanks
SMF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back