Linking bulkhead lights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My back garden has a large wall with sections of fence built into it. There are four parts of wall that I was thinking of putting lights on, like these for instance...

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=13062

Before I order, I am not sure if I could link the four lights from one cable into a switch. Each lamp is 60W. I have looked at wall downlighters but they only come in sets of three! :evil:

Sponsored Links
you certainly can. you would need to wire them in paralell (red to red black to black in each light.

But two things to mention.

As they are mains lights if you put the cable in the ground it should be at least 30 cm below the surface and have mechanical protection. (1mm t & e cable is fine)

As they are bulkhead fittings the light will go every where (unless that is what you want) why not search for some nice low voltage garden lighting it looks much nicer

try this for advice

Thanks Breezer

I am intending grinding along the cement line and placing the cable in the wall, then re-cementing.

I know what you are saying about the lights, I have been searching for wall downlighters with a chrome semi circle housing but geeting a set of four seems to be a problem. I don't like the sound of the light going everywhere so I have a good search of that site you advised, I never seen wall lighters at the glance just now.

Thanks again

that site only gives advice, you may like
3474_l.jpg

which you can get from here

or you may like
5011274795672_bq1_1_l.jpg

from here

or alternatively other types of low voltage lights.

Don't recoment the remove cement idea, what if you forget and put up a hanging basket and hit the cable.

Sponsored Links
Very nice of you to do that search on my behalf :D I love the chrome one but is slightly over my intended budget.

I've noted the advice on the cementing, I may have a long think about this before 'diving in feet first'.

Thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back