How to smooth top of tiles (don't want trim)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had these tiles installed, and would like to smooth the top somehow so I can then paint the top the same colour as the wall (I do not want to use tile trim). The tiles are quite 'rugged' hence the jagged line.

I've applied primer. What's the best product / process for smoothing out the surface before painting? Should I use something like polyfilla and then sand it down a bit?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
You could use some easifill plaster, maybe applied with a cheap mini plastering trowel to form a straight line

Then sand with some abrasive around a block of wood - be gentle with it easi fill is soft

Whatever happened to tiles with one or two rounded over corners?

Sponsored Links
You could use some easifill plaster, maybe applied with a cheap mini plastering trowel to form a straight line

Then sand with some abrasive around a block of wood - be gentle with it easi fill is soft
Thanks, that sounds like it could work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back