how can i fix my flu that has been installed wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how can i fix my flu that has been installed wrong, my combi boiler is positioned on a gable end wall and the meter long flu sticks out of the gable end wall, the problem is who ever installed the flu didnt line it up straight it is going up at a 30 degree angle so whenever it rains the water pours right down the flu and into my combi system, it is a vokera linea 7 combi system.

thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
hammer_chisel.gif

Someone useful will probably be along later.

I don't pretend to know the answer. But it would be worth phoning the makers. I see a variety of flue methods (see no. 3, about page 31) on the cat you can download from http://www.vokera.co.uk/productdeta...8FF6BE-2957-4667-82CB-4491282A56DF}&n=lineahe

I'm assuming you have already complained to the installer.

thanks for the link, i bought my flat 3 years ago and thats me just noticed this problem it was the previous owner who got the boiler installed.

I wondered if it could have a bend or an H on the end? But not something I know about :oops:

Kev I hadn't seen your pic when I started my reply.

it wasnt meant to be funny how else where you thinking of doing it :?:

i dont no how to fix it thats why im on here, i didnt no if i could add something to the outside to stop the water running in or add something to the elbow on the inside to lift it up 2inches as the hole that cut has room to adjust the flu.

If water has been pouring in that bad then you need an RGI to check it over. Could have water in the burner or even have rusted through the combustion chamber box.

Your flue should drop away slightly from the boiler.

G4U, I was under the impression that the flue should fall, slightly, towards the boiler on condensing ones at least. Obviously not 30 degrees!! :) I had an RGI fail an install due to the fact that the flue was level, not falling towards the boiler...........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back