Help! Is this mould?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I recently had some night storage heaters removed and while sanding to prepare the wall where the heater was for painting, this pink stuff appeared where I had sanded (white bits are filler). Anyone know what it could be? It seems slightly more pink than the plaster, but has been behind a heater which has been on more or less constantly for over a year. The wall has been cleaned with sugar soap and water (before i discovered the pink stuff), and I’ve wiped it over with Astonish mould remover and got nothing off but a chalky paint residue.

I’m about to paint the wall so really don’t want to paint over anything dodgy!

Very grateful for any help or advice!

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
To me, that simply appears to be an underlying paint layer that you have exposed from sanding and wiping.

To me, that simply appears to be an underlying paint layer that you have exposed from sanding and wiping.
Thank you! I did think that, but the other heater that was removed also took off a layer of paint and plaster and there was no pink paint underneath. I suppose they could have just painted that one wall though :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back