Has anyone here succesfully re coated a bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a chipped enamel coated steel bath, not old or fancy but would require knocking tiles off the wall to replace.

I have seen epoxy bath recoatibg kits online, has anyone had successful results with those please?

Sponsored Links
They are only a temporary alternative, you will have to replace the bath or repeat the process in a couple of years. In my opinion not worth the effort of doing it for a steel bath and I think you will regret not doing it properly in the first place. Why would you need to knock tiles off to replace it.

I have repainted an old bath that was in bad condition. Special kit.

It worked very well. No issues.

This was many years ago though.

I re-enamelled a cast bath around ten years back and it went very well and is still looking good as it is a rental i work on from time to time for the landlady. It is, like anything, all about good preparation although you do need to be DIY capable to a degree so take your time getting everything ready and it should turn out alright.

Sponsored Links
I used an enamel kit and it was applied with a roller and brush for the tricky bits around the taps and outlets. There are plenty out there such as this one....
Best shop around for what you need as prices vary.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks, I called a company today and they said they spray a few coats of epoxy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back